Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pro-Line

shane@detailedreflections

Question

7 answers to this question

I sent an email about opening up a wholesale account and i received an email back saying that the pro-line is a few weeks away from launching. They are shooting for the end of this month. They also said they are going to introduce it with a new wholesale website. Im curious how you all set up a wholesale account?

17 hours ago, mbaker196 said:

I sent an email about opening up a wholesale account and i received an email back saying that the pro-line is a few weeks away from launching. They are shooting for the end of this month. They also said they are going to introduce it with a new wholesale website. Im curious how you all set up a wholesale account?

I called and talked to Ashley at the time.  She's since moved on and Ben took over...who's also now moved on.  We talked about my needs, volume, etc and I was able to get setup.  It's been great.  I like the idea of a wholesale website a lot.  I'd also like to see some "pro only" products pushed out.  I'm sure that won't be an entirely popular opinion, but it would help drive potential clients to some of the accounts for service.  We don't do a lot in the way of resale.  Usually just small maintenance supplies and such here and there.  We use our wholesale account mainly as shop supplies for our work.

That does bring up the question of if people would buy locally if they had the option?  It's difficult since sometimes with the sales Adam's does, you'd have to match them which means little to no profit on many items despite needing to keep some in stock.  The struggles of small business ownership...but that's a whole separate discussion I guess.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the new Pro-line launch.  Maybe I'll shoot a follow up email today.

I do hope that the quality of the Proline and the regular items is the same.  I think if the quality is better for the Pro-Line items, the consumers like me who want high quality products, and won't be able to get our hands on the Pro-line might be disappointed. So I hope they are the same quality or I hope everyday consumers can buy them. 

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:06 AM, shane@detailedreflections said:

I called and talked to Ashley at the time.  She's since moved on and Ben took over...who's also now moved on.  We talked about my needs, volume, etc and I was able to get setup.  It's been great.  I like the idea of a wholesale website a lot.  I'd also like to see some "pro only" products pushed out.  I'm sure that won't be an entirely popular opinion, but it would help drive potential clients to some of the accounts for service.  We don't do a lot in the way of resale.  Usually just small maintenance supplies and such here and there.  We use our wholesale account mainly as shop supplies for our work.

That does bring up the question of if people would buy locally if they had the option?  It's difficult since sometimes with the sales Adam's does, you'd have to match them which means little to no profit on many items despite needing to keep some in stock.  The struggles of small business ownership...but that's a whole separate discussion I guess.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the new Pro-line launch.  Maybe I'll shoot a follow up email today.

Bianca@adamspolishes.com is the current contact. They are/have hired a new wholesale/reseller account manager and will be sending out information soon.  If interested would send Bianca an email.  Yes, it is difficult as a reseller to make a good margin when Adams puts out a 20% off sale...but you will also get customers who want a product now and buy from you too.  Many do not want to bother with ordering online.  I just refer my customers and friends to the Adams sight when it would cause me to lose money to match their prices.  Additionally, I have to charge sales tax on items, along with B&O.  But at least going to car shows and car club meets are tax deductions under the business for promoting products, to include mileage coverage or if car is strictly for company business then practically everything with the car is deductible & then there is depreciation. ;) 

Edited by Liralen