Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hey Guys! How's it going?

I am relatively new to the forums, but I have been following Adam's on other social media platforms for quite a while now..

So, let me get started. My name is Chris. I own a beautiful 1968 Mustang Fastback that is dressed in the unique colour Brittany Blue. I live up in British Columbia, Canada, and I absolutely love detailing. I find that washing, waxing, and paint correcting cars is just so therapeutic, and it is a feeling I just can't describe more accurately than "rewarding."

I recently have been presented an opportunity to be on Adam's Sponsored Member team. So, I am officially sponsored by these guys! I am super humbled, and excited to start my journey on their team, and I can not express how thankful I am for their friendly, awesome staff! It has been an absolute blast talking with some of the guys over at Adam's over direct message..And I even placed a few orders, and probably spent too much money over the last couple of days. 

So. You guys probably want more information on the car, right? Yeah, I thought so! So, I run the page @1968_Fastback on Instagram, and have grown an active following of over 3,400 followers. That may not sound like a lot, but it truly means the world to me to have that much support. I just find it mind-boggling to think that a guy with a car, that loves to share his passion with others online can grow such a "fanbase" -- for lack of a better term -- to be noticed by companies as big as Adam's, or BFGoodrich. It is truly amazing to think that I can post a picture of the car, and get so much positive feedback. Also, picture 3,400 people all standing in a parking lot looking at a car..does that put it into perspective a little bit?

Here's a little bit of information about the car;

It has gone through a complete concourse restoration, and has been modified with the following;

- Fully built engine 

- Aluminum ATR Racing Heads

- Race Lopey Cam with a new Aluminum Camshaft

- Aluminum Racing Pistons

- Bored out Engine Block

- All new Ignition / Electrical Wiring 

- New Distributor

- Fully built Bottom End

- A full Custom Exhaust with Custom Headers

- Edelbrock 650 cf/m 4 Barrel Carb (Hopefully going EFI soon)

- New Aluminum Manifold

- All new Valves

- New Battery

- New Voltage Regulator

- Electric Fan

- New Valve Covers

- New Spark Plugs

- All new Hoses

- New Alternator and Timing Belts

- C4 Automatic Transmission that has been rebuilt, and has had a Shift Kit put into it--I can drive it like a manual, just without the Clutch

- All re-upholstered Interior by a guy who did Rolls-Royce Interiors..Needless to say, it's comfortable!

- Re-arched Leaf Springs

- Disc Brake Upgrade in the Front, Drums in the Rear

- 15" "Bullitt Style" Torq-Thrust Wheels Wrapped in BFGoodrich Tires

I am sure I am forgetting a lot of things, but there's what I can list without digging through a bunch of receipts... haha

Don't worry, I'm almost done. I just think this part is super important--my take on these old fastbacks.

The 1968 Fastback was a huge success back in the 60’s. With the iconic body lines, and aggressive styling, it’s not too much of a surprise that this vehicle made it into many movies that are known, and loved by enthusiasts. The Fastback was one of the three main body styles that were produced, and it is arguably the most attractive to this day. Back in the 60’s, the 289 engine left a lot to be desired. It was considered the baby brother of all the engines—especially with everyone wanting to go bigger with either a 302, or even a 429. However, over the years, I’ve learned to love my 289. The high compression of the engine is something I just love, and paired with a lopey cam, it sounds similar a 429. I’ve had guys come up to me saying “I heard you coming from around the block!! What are you packing under the hood? That’s got to be a 429!” But no, it’s just my 289.. A lot of people also despise the automatic transmission, but to be quite honest, I don’t think it's that bad. With the shift kit put in it, it’s possible to drive it like a manual, just without the clutch, as I previously stated.

Now, time for a little bit about me and some history on the car

My interest in cars started primarily because I grew up around interesting cars. My mother and father purchased a 1967 Fastback Mustang as their first family car, then my sister and I came along so literally I grew up around Classic Mustangs.. Many memories of my father taking us the places we needed to go, being fascinated with the car and thrilled with it when my Dad would open the throttle a little (in a safe and totally smoke filled burning rubber kind of way) I also remember the long drives in the evening where i slept in the little cubby area behind the back seat (distinctive little spot in the fastback mustangs) looking out the large sloped back window at the stars listening, and feeling the rumble and purr of that V-8 engine. The day finally came where I had saved up enough money from delivering countless newspapers, washing windows, and mowing lawns, and at 13 years old I purchased the 1967 Fastback from my mother when she had bought a different vehicle. So, once the deal was complete, I then spent the next three years taking the car out on the driveway every week, spending hours upon hours washing it and detailing it, then pulling it back into the garage, until one day they were insane enough to grant me my own drivers licence. Oh boy, I wrote my own story with that 1967 Fastback. From working on the mustang in the High-School Mechanics Shop, to having fun with it in the High-School Parking Lot, I did it all. But man, should I tell you.. Some of the stuff my buddies and I did back then I shouldn't have made it alive out of. But, we were young, and naive. We felt invincible, almost as if nothing could stop us. Eventually the time came where I had graduated and decided I wanted to travel, so I sold my beloved Fastback for traveling money. When I returned from my travels... Of course, the empty garage let me know how much I regretted that sale. I wanted the car back so bad, so I started saving, and eventually saved enough to purchase the 1968 Fastback which is what I still own today. I really like the styling of the old school muscle cars, the aggressive body lines, the character, the distinctive smell, the attention to detail, and of course the sound that brings your senses alive. These old things are truly pieces of art. You'll hear an old V-8 from a block or two away, and recognize the tinny, lumpy, and overall just unique sound straight away. There is something about the way companies jammed as much power as possible under the hood that made it that much more of a muscle car. I really enjoy that now, how they can bring all types of people together at car shows and smiles to faces. I've gotten compliments from young kids, to older folks, and that is what makes the car so unique. It appeals to so many people, and that is what truly makes it a timeless classic. You'll just see the looks on some people's faces as they admire the car, and you can tell it takes them all the way back to their childhood. It's the car that everyone had on their posters on the wall, it was the car that everyone and their uncle has owned. "I could've had one of those for $1,300 back in the day!" I especially love that my kids have had a chance to experience something i enjoyed from my childhood. My Son has his own love of the classics and we hop in the car and enjoy the bond of sharing time and laughs in our car.. I love taking the car out with no particular destination. The open road, the company of my son and the moments and memories we will share on that day. We both love seeing people give the thumbs up or stop to express their love of the American Muscle age. I guess in writing this I will say although the places my car has taken me in this world are amazing, they don't compare to the journey and memories it has taken me and my heart. 

Sorry for the essay... I hope you guys didn't mind the read! I've attached a few photos of the car (Click "Reveal Hidden Content"). Thanks so much for reading, and I can't wait to see where my adventures on the Adam's Team lead to! Happy New Year as well, everyone!

Here are some of the photos.. Photography courtesy of @Ridic_U_Loose , @DylanAckimenko , and @TheCardiganMan 

5a57ff4a56602_BackRoller.thumb.jpeg.8b2d4e2cf7482b09dea021b61f32cb6f.jpeg

5a57ff5e38823_FrontRoller.thumb.jpeg.96f3c636df50f071d02871892eba4de6.jpeg

IMG_9676.thumb.jpg.24532dcf0edceae354897950b4bda71a.jpg

IMG_9660.thumb.jpg.51cbb7cfb6855a3df4c38878bb65a363.jpg

Tailend.thumb.jpeg.8f5daf7d35ea8542d91b6c54464b24dc.jpeg

IMG_0141.thumb.jpg.8ad6991c77b8dcc72bfc97fb68162a1d.jpgIMG_0021.thumb.jpg.233f772e14c200faec696a4cde473216.jpg

IMG_9518.thumb.jpg.1779d80ea54d989d088322d7609ce345.jpg

IMG_9558.thumb.jpg.4c0ab9770cb5b118be426c32d34f0ddc.jpg

IMG_9611.thumb.jpg.834840423e709dc5373a8bf1e6563f33.jpg

IMG_9629.thumb.jpg.4c471da0cd071ddce81276bc85dd5d4d.jpg

IMG_9787.thumb.jpg.293c2d5da5f828b4b2af4139edfa2575.jpg

IMG_9838.thumb.jpg.fa4a8d7f903d9a0a1132341b90d7c376.jpg

IMG_9555.thumb.jpg.e145a8e1f629ef43ac7210ead13b91e6.jpg

GASCAP-STRAIGHT-S-DSC05657-Edit.thumb.jpg.6b2d1d26a343c7ba49ea8dbe5ccea5a1.jpg

^^Funny story about this gas station photo... I found out after the photo was taken that this gas station was established in 1968.. the same year as the car! How weird.. What a strange coincidence.

Edited by 1968_Fastback

Welcome. Beautiful ride. I’m sure it turns a ton of heads. 

I actually have a client with 65 and 67 Mustangs he wants us to ceramic coat in the spring, along with his 52 Ford truck he just restored. Can’t wait to get up close and personal with those rides for him. 

That said, I’m thoroughly jealous of your car!

On 1/11/2018 at 4:58 PM, ZMAN024 said:

Welcome to the group, Chris.  I absolutely love the 1968 Fastback, and the color is awesome !   The 1968 is my "Holy Grail" car.  

Thanks so much!! I appreciate the kind words, Oz!

On 1/11/2018 at 9:00 PM, Naylor649 said:

Welcome and very impressive ride. 

Thanks!! I appreciate it, man!

On 1/11/2018 at 10:04 PM, Rich said:

Welcome to the forum Chris.  Your Stang is a real beauty.  :welcomebanner:

Thanks for the warm welcome, Rich! I really appreciate the kind words!

On 1/12/2018 at 6:24 AM, 2Fords said:

Welcome to the forums!

Love the pictures!

Your car looks great!

I appreciate the welcome!! Thanks for the compliments! I love the photos too--and best part? They were done for free. I met a really cool dude through Instagram who was doing a photoshoot giveaway, and I managed to win it! The content produced exceeded my expectations by quite a bit!

On 1/12/2018 at 7:39 AM, mc2hill said:

Welcome Chris!  Great story, and I am looking forward to more pics of that sweet ride. 

Cheers! Thanks man! I can't wait to post more actively!

On 1/12/2018 at 1:51 PM, Chris@Adams said:

Welcome Chris!

Thanks so much, man! I appreciate the warm welcome! It means a lot!!

On 1/12/2018 at 2:27 PM, shane@detailedreflections said:

Welcome. Beautiful ride. I’m sure it turns a ton of heads. 

I actually have a client with 65 and 67 Mustangs he wants us to ceramic coat in the spring, along with his 52 Ford truck he just restored. Can’t wait to get up close and personal with those rides for him. 

That said, I’m thoroughly jealous of your car!

Thanks so much for the kind compliment, Shane! Oh man, I dreeeam to have a proper ceramic coating on my car. I'm sure eventually I could justify the cost of a permanent one, but not just yet. The results of one of those coatings are ridiculous! It almost makes it look like a whole new car; with the extremely glassy finish, and hydrophobic properties.

On 1/12/2018 at 5:21 PM, falcaineer said:

Welcome, Chris!

Thanks, man!!

On 1/12/2018 at 6:03 PM, Special K said:

What an awesome ride, and a great piece of history!

I appreciate it! Yeah, she's a huge part of my life, and history. Thanks for the kind words!

16 hours ago, pirahnah3 said:

Welcome to the forums, great story and history of a fun car. 

Thank you!! I appreciate the kind words!!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! They truly mean a lot! The warm welcomes really make this community that much more enjoyable. 

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome!  Depending on whereabouts in BC you might see me cruising around the area! I live in Washington State, but travel usually once a month to Langley/Vancouver BC to visit with the Vancouver Camaro group.  Will also be heading to Kamloops in August for a group gathering.  Hope to see you around.  BTW... there is an Adams reseller up in BC area somewhere, saw him at a car gathering once.  If you come south into Washington state (Bellingham area), and need product let me know, as am a Northwest Washington reseller of Adams Polishes.