Customer Service 866.965.0400

Does Adam's Make A Product For This?

zw470

Safelite fixed my rear window in an hour.  Found out that my warranty on my Caddy didn't cover windshields, and the deductable was only $100 less on the insurance, so I paid out of pocket.  Sucks.  

Talked to a local Ford dealership today.  I said I was having some problems with my rear window defroster, and when they asked what the problem was I said I turned it on and a few minutes later it shattered my rear window.  Unfortunately the earliest I can get it in is next Wednesday, I need a service-loaner and they didn't have any available until then.

1 hour ago, zw470 said:

Talked to a local Ford dealership today.  I said I was having some problems with my rear window defroster, and when they asked what the problem was I said I turned it on and a few minutes later it shattered my rear window.  Unfortunately the earliest I can get it in is next Wednesday, I need a service-loaner and they didn't have any available until then.

That's exactly what happened to my Caddy.  Cold day, sitting at the grocery store in the car waiting for my wife, and POW!   Is yours covered under warranty?  

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

That's exactly what happened to my Caddy.  Cold day, sitting at the grocery store in the car waiting for my wife, and POW!   Is yours covered under warranty?  

The 3/36,000 is expired, but it was CPO so I'm hoping they cover it under that.  I guess I'll find out for sure next week.

32 minutes ago, zw470 said:

The 3/36,000 is expired, but it was CPO so I'm hoping they cover it under that.  I guess I'll find out for sure next week.

You dont meed a warranty, write the corporate office and push for the issue to be rectified and they will take care of it. 

3 minutes ago, Patstrick said:

You dont meed a warranty, write the corporate office and push for the issue to be rectified and they will take care of it. 

Should I do that now or wait until the dealer tries to make me pay for it?

I can almost guarantee you that it won't be covered.  My car was only two years old and wasn't covered.  GM refused to do anything about it.  Maybe you'll have more luck with Ford.  But you'd be smart to get another estimate or two to take with you to the garage before your appointment so you know you're not getting ripped off. And if they haven't told you yet if you're going to have to pay out of pocket or not, then you best ask ahead of time. Otherwise you could be in for a big surprise once it's done.  Always get it in writing BEFORE you get work done.  

On 1/17/2018 at 5:46 PM, zw470 said:

Should I do that now or wait until the dealer tries to make me pay for it?

Wait until the dealer says to pay for it, just in case they might warranty it. But if they don’t then you do your letter writing campaign because I had a issue once and my car had 48,000 miles and they took care of it and same with my brothers car. 

This happened to my 2013 FX4 except it was the driver side. Had it replaced by Safelite under insurance -$0 Deductible in MA. Wasn't going to bother with the dealer because they wouldn't get it in any time soon and most dealers use an out-side glass company anyway.

Sucks that this happens, but at least the rear glass and trim are brand new and keeps the truck looking new :)

Dropped the truck off this afternoon.  Started off on a bad foot when they asked why I was so late, then insisted I told them I was going to drop it off first thing this morning.  I said absolutely not, I specifically said I was going to drop it off around 4pm.  Then they showed my to my service loaner Fiesta, which is roughly the size of my children's first pedal car.

McaOfkU.jpg

5 hours ago, zw470 said:

Dropped the truck off this afternoon.  Started off on a bad foot when they asked why I was so late, then insisted I told them I was going to drop it off first thing this morning.  I said absolutely not, I specifically said I was going to drop it off around 4pm.  Then they showed my to my service loaner Fiesta, which is roughly the size of my children's first pedal car.

McaOfkU.jpg

Ya don’t know if that would fly with me. I always get a truck and make sure they have one for me. I drive a truck daily so that’s what I expect to drive as a loner. Unless it’s a fast car they wanna give me. ?. Hope they get you squared up though. 

So.

The service-writer told me the technician said, and I'm not making this up, that "there's nothing wrong with it, sometimes they just get too hot and the window shatters"

M8hDpkb.gif

I said that it probably wasn't supposed to ever get too hot, which means that there is something wrong with it.  Then I brought up the many, many unsatisfied people on message boards and YouTube and she said that there were no recalls for my vehicle.  I said that I was aware there were no recalls, which is why the internet is so angry with ford.  She said that there was nothing for my specific vehicle, to which I replied "yes, exactly my specific vehicle".  She again brought up the fact that there's no recalls, so I sighed loudly and asked how much it was going to cost me.  Zero dollars.  Why, you ask?  Because they wouldn't even fix the damn thing!  She said they'd give me the information for a local auto glass place instead.  She must have been able to sense that I was literally about to burst into flames, because she said they weren't going to charge me anything for the "diagnosis."  So now I'm going to start gathering info to fire off a nastygram to Ford about it.

But on the plus side, someone was able to get some footage of me trying to get out of the Fiesta...

gL8zjk.gif

These service writers sometimes need a solid smack to the face to wake them up! Electricity just doesn’t decide one morning. Hey I’m gonna stop working like normal and give you a little “extra”. Hope you get it squared away buddy

23 hours ago, zw470 said:

So.

The service-writer told me the technician said, and I'm not making this up, that "there's nothing wrong with it, sometimes they just get too hot and the window shatters"

M8hDpkb.gif

I said that it probably wasn't supposed to ever get too hot, which means that there is something wrong with it.  Then I brought up the many, many unsatisfied people on message boards and YouTube and she said that there were no recalls for my vehicle.  I said that I was aware there were no recalls, which is why the internet is so angry with ford.  She said that there was nothing for my specific vehicle, to which I replied "yes, exactly my specific vehicle".  She again brought up the fact that there's no recalls, so I sighed loudly and asked how much it was going to cost me.  Zero dollars.  Why, you ask?  Because they wouldn't even fix the damn thing!  She said they'd give me the information for a local auto glass place instead.  She must have been able to sense that I was literally about to burst into flames, because she said they weren't going to charge me anything for the "diagnosis."  So now I'm going to start gathering info to fire off a nastygram to Ford about it.

But on the plus side, someone was able to get some footage of me trying to get out of the Fiesta...

gL8zjk.gif

Yep, that's about what I got from GM too.  And my cousin's rear window on her Malibu blew out this past week too.  Culprit?  Rear window defogger.  Same as mine. Seems like these car manufacturers should be looking into these defoggers like they're looking into the air bags.  Something is wrong somewhere.