Customer Service 866.965.0400

Does Adam's Make A Product For This?

zw470

On 1/26/2018 at 2:49 PM, Rich said:

Yep, that's about what I got from GM too.  And my cousin's rear window on her Malibu blew out this past week too.  Culprit?  Rear window defogger.  Same as mine. Seems like these car manufacturers should be looking into these defoggers like they're looking into the air bags.  Something is wrong somewhere.

You may say im wrong but I doubt it lol. The defiggers are not the problem in these cars or trucks, the problem lies within the glass, if there is a flaw is a flaw in the glass and heat is introduced that is why the windows are breaking. I’ve seen this happen a few times in my lifetime. 

Being in the auto glass industry for over 15 years.

Tempered glass is pretty hard to break or damage before the installation. If it gets any kind of knick or bumped on the edge it almost always breaks upon impact.

Now if the heating element on the glass has an issue or flaw on it it may allow the glass to get too hot and break it. Or if the vehicle is supplying too much electricity to the elements it can overheat it and break the glass. 

If this was just an issue with the glass itself i don’t think it would have effected so many ford trucks, I think it would have been more random. That’s why I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s either the heating element or the vehicle providing too much electricity to the element causing it to overheat the glass.

Also if you look where that break originated from in his picture. There is one of the tabs that the wire plugs into right there. 

Edited by FrozenWS6

On 1/24/2018 at 10:59 PM, Naylor649 said:

Ya don’t know if that would fly with me. I always get a truck and make sure they have one for me. I drive a truck daily so that’s what I expect to drive as a loner. Unless it’s a fast car they wanna give me. ?. Hope they get you squared up though. 

I have always said this is a good tool to get people buy new cars or trucks, give them something newer or nicer than what they have.  But so far everytime I have taken my truck or when I have my ZL1 they gave me a pile of crap Malibu. 

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:17 PM, Mbrazelton said:

I have always said this is a good tool to get people buy new cars or trucks, give them something newer or nicer than what they have.  But so far everytime I have taken my truck or when I have my ZL1 they gave me a pile of crap Malibu. 

Yup, the last couple times I took one of our cars in for oil change or service they gave me a loaner Silverado to drive.  When we were ready to trade the Cadillac in, we got a Silverado HIgh Country in place of, which I love.  If had not drove one previously may not have gone for it.  But then again we are treated pretty good at the dealership where we have our work done on our cars, as we have purchased five vehicles from that dealership (we still own all five vehicles) and are about to purchase our 6th, a 2018 V8 2SS M6 Camaro Convertible Hot Wheels Special Edition!  Will look great next to our other two Camaros.  However, we are thinking of selling our 2014 C7 Laguna Blue Z51 Stingray but will not decide that until December...that kind of depends on work situations, how retirement funds/investments are working out, and how much we will be driving it considering we drive the Camaros more.

Hotty 2018.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, zw470 said:

So.

The service-writer told me the technician said, and I'm not making this up, that "there's nothing wrong with it, sometimes they just get too hot and the window shatters"

M8hDpkb.gif

I said that it probably wasn't supposed to ever get too hot, which means that there is something wrong with it.  Then I brought up the many, many unsatisfied people on message boards and YouTube and she said that there were no recalls for my vehicle.  I said that I was aware there were no recalls, which is why the internet is so angry with ford.  She said that there was nothing for my specific vehicle, to which I replied "yes, exactly my specific vehicle".  She again brought up the fact that there's no recalls, so I sighed loudly and asked how much it was going to cost me.  Zero dollars.  Why, you ask?  Because they wouldn't even fix the damn thing!  She said they'd give me the information for a local auto glass place instead.  She must have been able to sense that I was literally about to burst into flames, because she said they weren't going to charge me anything for the "diagnosis."  So now I'm going to start gathering info to fire off a nastygram to Ford about it.

But on the plus side, someone was able to get some footage of me trying to get out of the Fiesta...

gL8zjk.gif

Ask them for the phone number and email address for their area Service Zone Rep. These are the guys that can give the dealership the ok to replace it under warranty.

Edited by Black Bowtie