Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Pressure Washer?

haysej

Question

I just got a foam cannon. Yay! I'm looking for the best pressure washer to use now. Ideally it would be something that doesn't take up much garage space. Any advice on the best small form factor pressure washers that will work good with the cannon? 

Thanks! 

CorndogJoe

11 answers to this question

Your first decision should be electric or gas.   Frankly, for creating foam it seems to be a junk-measuring contest.   I have a dinky electric ryobi that foams just fine.   Or, if you want a high end electric, check out Kranzle.   

Some will chime in that gas is the only way--but you mention garage space.    The small electrics can actually be stored on a shelf, not taking up floor space.   If you don't need a power washer for cleaning other things (driveways, fences, decks) the electric should work fine for your application.  

I have the below pressure washer: 3200 PSI.

Simpson Pressure Washer

I was given the below info on pressure for using the Foam Cannon:

"max rating of 3190psi for our Red Foam Cannon "

I use my pressure washer for pressure washing my house as well as under my vehicles as needed.

I would suggest getting a smaller one that is in line with the pressure rating of the foam gun. In this case a larger pressure washer with max PSI is not the best.

Edited by Red Rambler

Get a decent electric one. You don’t need 3K plus to wash a car. High end range Kranzle as stated before. Low end get a sun joe. Also as stated if you decide on a gas one for more uses(cleaning concrete) get a inline pressure gage to knock that psi down to about 1600-1800 and throw a 40 degree nozzle on it. For the crazy thick foam you will want a gas one though. Or get a electric and change the orifice out in your foam cannon. Hope this helps. 

I used a super cheap 60 buck greenworks one from lowes, it foamed the car like I wanted. However now it and the cannon collect dust as it's been over a year since I played in sudsy mess. I am a huge rinseless fan and haven't had a reason to use soap. I will use the pw to blast off large debris still if they are present. No need to spend huge bucks on a pw for the reason of car washing 

20 hours ago, Naylor649 said:

Get a decent electric one. You don’t need 3K plus to wash a car. High end range Kranzle as stated before. Low end get a sun joe. Also as stated if you decide on a gas one for more uses(cleaning concrete) get a inline pressure gage to knock that psi down to about 1600-1800 and throw a 40 degree nozzle on it. For the crazy thick foam you will want a gas one though. Or get a electric and change the orifice out in your foam cannon. Hope this helps. 

Thanks for the input. Im definitely wanting to get a gas one so I am able to use the PW for other uses around the house. Ive seen a few youtube videos of people using one around 2800psi and they really seem to work great at this PSI. I will definitely consider the inline pressure gauge though.

1 hour ago, Tony_G said:

Thanks for the input. Im definitely wanting to get a gas one so I am able to use the PW for other uses around the house. Ive seen a few youtube videos of people using one around 2800psi and they really seem to work great at this PSI. I will definitely consider the inline pressure gauge though.

Just be careful. The pressure washer is used to “knock down” dirt and grime. Not cut off. That’s what your wash mitt and soap is for. Newer car would be ok but older that clear coat gets a little bit more fragile. Just my .02. 

You can get pretty decent foam from an electric pressure washer like the Ryobi 2000 PSI from Home Depot/Lowes.  Let me suggest you to change the orifice of Adams Foam Cannon from 1.25 to 1.1, it will greatly improve the output.

On 1/27/2018 at 11:41 PM, EPHIOS said:

You can get pretty decent foam from an electric pressure washer like the Ryobi 2000 PSI from Home Depot/Lowes.  Let me suggest you to change the orifice of Adams Foam Cannon from 1.25 to 1.1, it will greatly improve the output.

How do you all change out the orifice??  I am having issues with my cannon as well.

On 3/29/2018 at 6:42 PM, MisanoRS4 said:

How do you all change out the orifice??  I am having issues with my cannon as well.

open the thing "sorry don't know the specifics" the quickdisconnect and with a flat head screwdriver take out the orifice and put in the new one. Will use the new 1.1 orifice tomorrow to check the foam out. 1700psi electric 1.2 GPM

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.3f8921376b8d325cb7fac6d823048ce9.jpg

Edit: used UltraFoam Shampoo and was amazed with the results. same everything except changed the foam cannon orifice with 3-4 oz of product. towards the end of the canister it seemed to go back to runny instead of shaving cream tendency. good though,.

Edited by SVillalon