Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint correction advise please??

Amish R/T

Question

I am looking to paint correct my 2017 dodge  charger rt, and I have no experience in paint corrections. I do use, and love other Adam's products. I wash my car in the direct sun light. And my car came with swirls from the dealer. Am I allowed to correct in the direct sun light? Or is it required to correct only under cover. Would I really have to use the heavy correcting compound first, or can I start with the orange polish first? Any help/ advise is greatly appreciated. 

IMG_0904.JPG

IMG_0905.JPG

3 answers to this question

Hey and welcome.  I am a new correcter as well.  Ive done 2cars.

watched lots of videos and read a lot before I attempted, as one of my cars was brand new.

Anyway, start least aggressive and work up.  Adams 1step polish is awesome, and got mild to moderate defects out of Chevy paint for me.  You want to work in cool shady area.  To my knowledge the cooler the better.  I did a Honda in the fall time shady area, and my Chevy in a 40degree garage.  The reason I am mentioning the manufacturer is because all paint is different.  My Chevy is practically destroyed again from the damn snow and salt!  Anyway, you’ll get a lot of great help here, and Adam’s polishes will definitely get you where you want to be!  

Cooler is better for sure. If you can’t correct in the shade, do it early in the morning when temps are cooler and work in smaller sections. This will help out a bit. 

As for where to start, do a test spot where the paint represents the average condition of the paint. Start with the least aggressive method.  Check to see if that gives the results you’re looking for. If it does, that’s your process. If not, try the next step and see if that does it. Keep in mind that some spots may require more/less aggressive correction then the process used on the majority of the car. 

Least to most aggressive is important. You want to leave as much clear coat as you can on the vehicle.