Customer Service 866.965.0400

Undercarriage Wash

BlackCadi14

Question

We got hit with Ice and Snow like most of you have had, how do you all clean the underneath of your cars???

I have a Cadillac CTS and it pretty low to the ground, I would like to get rid of salt left under the car.  I was thinking I could run it through a car was to get the undercarriage washed but I hate to do that because I dont want any of their soap or brushes to touch my car.  who knows what they are using.  

I have been thinking about jacking it up and cleaning it from one side, but just wanted to get some of you guys idea or thoughts

Was also thinking about cleaning it with APC as well, mix a little in the cannon and foam the bottom of the car or is that over kill??

9 answers to this question

if you have a power washer, check out floor brooms.  Ryobi makes an attachment, and there are other kinds on amazon.   note that these generally require a decent output on the pressure washer.

If you don't have a pressure washer and don't want to go that way, consider one of those wands designed for hanging potted plants--a longer wand with a goose neck on the end.

If you ever watch Autoweek on PBS, Pat Goss of Goss' Garage recommends running a sprinkler under the car--for 3 hours.   of course, with the clearance of most cars that means you're really running it under the car for much longer than that.   

23 hours ago, hemi1300 said:

Just picked this up yesterday and it works amazing

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-11-in-Pressure-Washer-Water-Broom-RY31211/300701617

Great for undercarriage, and the bar pivots so u can clean concrete/patios also, both features work great

Thanks Derek, I may look into that

I like the big wheels on this, it would be idea for my driveway, it would also be help to get all the foam off the driveway after I wash the car too!!