Customer Service 866.965.0400

Standard foam gun

Kickerz71

Question

I see the standard foam gun on sale, is there a big difference from this model to the premium foam gun.

i currently have the foam cannon and love it, although I only use it on the truck when it’s really dirty.

I find hauling out the pressure washer to be a chore, plus I would never use it on my convertible top.

So the foam gun is something I can use much more often in my routine.

pros and cons please

tx in advance

13 answers to this question

The Adam's Standard Foam Gun and Premium Foam Gun both provide a way to spray a nice layer of suds onto a vehicle surface using a water hose, as an extra safety step during the wash process. Both Foam Guns will produce about the same amount of foam onto a vehicle, but they do have differences in construction. Neither option is designed for use with a pressure washer. For a pressure washer, you would need our Foam Cannon instead.

The Adam's Standard Foam Gun is cost-effective method of applying a layer of foaming soap onto your vehicle while washing. While it is a quality product, it uses plastic construction for the majority of the tool and is made in China to provide a less expensive foaming option than our Premium Foam Gun.

The Adam's Premium Foam Gun is higher quality, using a stainless quick-connect and other stainless hardware, a CNC-machined barrel out of solid plastic, and is made in the USA. It will be more durable than the Standard Foam Gun, but you always want to exercise caution and respect your detailing tools, making sure not to drop either unit.

2 hours ago, Dan@Adams said:

The Adam's Standard Foam Gun and Premium Foam Gun both provide a way to spray a nice layer of suds onto a vehicle surface using a water hose, as an extra safety step during the wash process. Both Foam Guns will produce about the same amount of foam onto a vehicle, but they do have differences in construction. Neither option is designed for use with a pressure washer. For a pressure washer, you would need our Foam Cannon instead.

The Adam's Standard Foam Gun is cost-effective method of applying a layer of foaming soap onto your vehicle while washing. While it is a quality product, it uses plastic construction for the majority of the tool and is made in China to provide a less expensive foaming option than our Premium Foam Gun.

The Adam's Premium Foam Gun is higher quality, using a stainless quick-connect and other stainless hardware, a CNC-machined barrel out of solid plastic, and is made in the USA. It will be more durable than the Standard Foam Gun, but you always want to exercise caution and respect your detailing tools, making sure not to drop either unit.

"a CNC-machined barrel out of solid plastic", --------you sure about that? I could have sworn it was aluminum.

Edited by Red Rambler

1 hour ago, Kickerz71 said:

Are they both quick connect?

Yes, they are.  I have the “regular” foam gun and wish I had chosen the premium.   At the time, I wasn’t sure I could justify either since I like to do a rinseless when I can. Therefore I went with less expensive. Here is a picture of the nozzle quick connect* it’s all plastic. I’ve used it more than I thought I would, and would prefer the metal connections on the premium. 

*cat paw not included with foam gun

C7838CD6-AD73-4ECA-A99A-B69D215529F9.jpeg

Edited by 8675309'SS
I meant standard foam gun, not “regular”

On 2/6/2018 at 6:16 AM, Dan@Adams said:

I highly encourage you to take Dan's advice, lest this happen to yours... 

post-15080-0-49172600-1496370453_thumb.jpg.e65ecd035eec69e1aa19c50b56753d13.jpg

post-15080-0-51062300-1496370414_thumb.jpg.6cc5ff0c180a47698ba3d9f286563975.jpg

If I could do it over again. I wouldn’t have bought the standard gun. I would have bought the premium. The standard foam gun has worked great. I’ve uesed it a bunch and it has never let me down. But it feels cheap and shaky in my hands. But for 39 or 40 bucks or whatever I gave for it. It has been well worth the money.