Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sun friendly

Ls1transam

Question

I’d really like to see Adam’s make a polish that is sun friendly. I know you can use Adam’s current polishes in the sun but you have to work in smaller areas etc etc.. There are other products out there that work great in the sun with minimal to no dusting and you can work in a normal 2x2. Would love to see Adam’s dip into that market.

9 answers to this question

Sun isn't as big an issue as temperature.  If it's a hot day............don't work in direct sun.  Nearly every product on the market works the same way.  Temps over 85 aren't the best to work in .

8 hours ago, Rich said:

Sun isn't as big an issue as temperature.  If it's a hot day............don't work in direct sun.  Nearly every product on the market works the same way.  Temps over 85 aren't the best to work in .

I know that. But there are products out there that work good in hot temps. 

8 hours ago, JHL88 said:

Yeah there seems to be a lot of advancements in polishes especially within the last year it seems like in the detailing community

Exactly. A few companies are noticing not everyone has a garage with a/c in it. And they’re making products that are more user friendly with the higher outside temps.

Yeah, and Im one of those people.  Used to have a garage however not anymore. Northern VA gets pretty humid in the summer time and  Im probably going to invest in the new cordless Flex when it releases and I bought some other polishes as well to compensate.  Gotta do what ya gotta do. 

11 hours ago, JHL88 said:

Yeah, and Im one of those people.  Used to have a garage however not anymore. Northern VA gets pretty humid in the summer time and  Im probably going to invest in the new cordless Flex when it releases and I bought some other polishes as well to compensate.  Gotta do what ya gotta do. 

That’s right. I have some of Adam’s current polishes and I’ll probably end up trading  them off because they don’t work for me in my world. 

I would consider our products sun friendly.......I have machine polished & detailed a bunch of black cars at shows (10 years) in the Summer sun when it was in the 90's.

And they turned out great! That being said would I rather work in my AC garage......absolutely!

1 hour ago, Chris@Adams said:

I would consider our products sun friendly.......I have machine polished & detailed a bunch of black cars at shows (10 years) in the Summer sun when it was in the 90's.

And they turned out great! That being said would I rather work in my AC garage......absolutely!

Really? I used the new style correction polish and it was ok to use, had to be careful and work in really small areas. The old style polish wouldn’t last at all for me.

I agree with Chris, I use Adams polishes and compound in the sun at shows and at home with no major issues. I did my black Silverado in my driveway without shade last July. Is there room for improvement? Always!  I've used other products that have a bit longer work time in the sun but out of the sun they tend to be a bit more oily and difficult to wipe off, just my 2 cents.  I also know a few older guys that add a couple drops of baby oil to the pad to make longer work times in the sun but I don't necessarily advise that.

Edited by blcksilv08