Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brake Dust and Polished Wheels Question

ArcticBlueSS

Question

I have polished wheels that look great. They require a lot of attention to keep the brake dust from building up in the barrel of the wheel. The fronts of the wheel are polished but the barrels are not and I need some advice how to coat those barrels so I don't have to scrub them every week. Anyone have some good ideas?

Thanks!

20171126_161812.jpg

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, ArcticBlueSS said:

I have polished wheels that look great. They require a lot of attention to keep the brake dust from building up in the barrel of the wheel. The fronts of the wheel are polished but the barrels are not and I need some advice how to coat those barrels so I don't have to scrub them every week. Anyone have some good ideas?

Thanks!

20171126_161812.jpg

Beautiful Arctic Blue 6th Gen!  A lot of the Camaro owners change the performance brake pads out to ceramic and that lessens the brake dust considerably.  With that, definitely ceramic coating them will help as well.  Even though we are some distance away, hope to see you at a Camaro event (there is the Camaro Sturgis rally at the end of June that is fun...but you are probably closer to attend CamaroFest).

Another option, but not as long lasting as the coating - wash them with the Wash & Wax Shampoo.  I keep some pre-mixed in a bottle with a foaming sprayer.  If they are not too dirty the W&W will enough to clean the wheels, otherwise clean with Wheel Cleaner, and follow-up with W&W.