Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to Adams and need some Clarification

Damon88

Question

Hi guys,

Just cleaned house on all the old detail supply’s that i have been using for years, decided to fully commit to using only Adams products after all the awesome reviews i have been reading. I know you guys get hammered with the same questions but i need some clarification on the steps with Adams products. Just purchased a new to me Porsche 911 with Black Metallic paint. Paint is perfect right now. I have washed and clay barred the entire car. Now i need to know the best steps for perfection. These are the products i just purchased.

Adams, 

Car wash
Detail spray 
American wax
VRT
Undercarriage detailer 
Ceramic Boost
Guard and gloss
Brilliant glaze
Interior detailer

Ok so here is the question ( Finally) haha.

1 Ceramic Boost
2 American wax
3 G&G after washing
4 Detail spray for car shows
5 Heard that the glaze is excellent on inside windows ?

OR

1 American wax
2 G&G after wash
3 Detail spray at shows 
4 ANY OTHER RECOMMENDATION 

Car is not a daily driver. But i want the best gloss and depth shine for the metallic paint. Not worried about durability as i don’t mind being in the garage hahaha. Sorry for the long postl. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards 

Damon

fullsizeoutput_1037.jpeg

15 answers to this question

If you want a mix of durability and and to have a nice deep finish, once the paint is polished out to your satisafaction, you can start the layering process.

You mention the paint is “perfect.” Unless it’s been polished, it will still benefit from the fine finishing polish. This really smooths everything out and really adds a depth of gloss that can’t be achieved any other way. Gloss is not merely a representation of products used, but the quality of the finish prior to that. Using the best waxes and gloss enhancers over a car without a good finish is going to have sub par results. It is worth the time and effort to toss a finishing polish down for you. If you don’t want to invest in the goods to do it, any reputable detailer can and should be willing to do it for you. Even if it’s that single step you want done so you can do the rest yourself. 

Our go to treatment for non coated vehicles that want durability and enhancement is to apply sealant, glaze and wax (your choice, but patriot is a favorite for vehicles like yours). 

And yes, glaze on the inside of the windshield will do wonders for removing the film and keeping it off that develops. Highly useful product. 

Enjoy that ride. It’s beautiful. 

Yea i just read my post and need to clarify. The previous owner literally never drove the car and took really good care of the paint. It has not been coated just waxed. No swirls and scratches, it looks like it just came from showroom floor. I washed it and clay barred it as i figured i wanted a clean paint to start with. Now just want to maintain it. Just not sure the steps i should take with these new Adams products.

Americana is great wax.  Patriot is just a tad better, but you can't go wrong with either one.  Detail Spray at the shows is perfect for taking off the dust.  Leather Conditioner for the interior is a must in my book.  And you can use it on your dash for sun protection too since it has a high SPF factor.  Sounds like  you're off to a good start.  That's a nice looking Porsche. Congrats on the ride! 

Thank you everyone for your feed back ! This was a dream car i have wanted for a very long time. Shane i agree while the paint is clean i might as well give it a polish to start. My question is, after i polish can i apply Ceramic Boost then either American or Patriot wax after. Or is Ceramic Boost only good if you have applied A ceramic coat. Then After the first wash use Guard & Gloss. 

Thanks again guys

D

Beautiful car! Congrats!!!

Ceramic Boost can be used as a standalone sealant, so no, it doesn't have to be coated prior to using it. I prefer HGG over it though because of the ease of application, including it can be used on glass (the boost shouldn't) and you both dry and protect in one with the HGG. I also like the smell. Either one should be applied about every 4 washes or so, not necessarily every time. 

Check out this article for a little more on layering and differences in wax, sealant, etc. Also be sure to pay attention to the longevity of each option as you may decide on a different course.

Edited by falcaineer

2 hours ago, Damon88 said:

Thank you everyone for your feed back ! This was a dream car i have wanted for a very long time. Shane i agree while the paint is clean i might as well give it a polish to start. My question is, after i polish can i apply Ceramic Boost then either American or Patriot wax after. Or is Ceramic Boost only good if you have applied A ceramic coat. Then After the first wash use Guard & Gloss. 

Thanks again guys

D

Quite honestly for longevity, I would go with paint sealant as the choice. Top that with glaze and wax and you’ll have a shine that you can enjoy and admire. 

Ceramic boost can be used, but it’s really designed for ceramic coated cars. While it will work, it’s not the best tool for the job. Kind of like an adjustable wrench versus the proper size wrench. 

H2O guard and gloss is a great maintenance product. Some use it as a primary sealant, but again I think paint sealant is a better choice. Use the H2O guard and gloss in between details for simple maintenance. We also use it to seal wheels quickly. Food for thought there as well. 

Hope this answers some of your questions. 

Again i would just like to thank everyone for your input. I think i have it figured out now. watched most of the youtube videos and also read the great article on wax or sealant. Only  problem is that i can't stop ordering stuff from Adams hahaha... First cars and coffee next Sunday at this new motorsports track near me. Lets hope the rain stops ... 

7 hours ago, Damon88 said:

Again i would just like to thank everyone for your input. I think i have it figured out now. watched most of the youtube videos and also read the great article on wax or sealant. Only  problem is that i can't stop ordering stuff from Adams hahaha... First cars and coffee next Sunday at this new motorsports track near me. Lets hope the rain stops ... 

I cant stop ordering either..i havnt even had a chance to use a drop of any product.  If Nothing else my garage walls will be nicely decorated!!

Next Mb is coming on Wednesday.   

Being brainwashed i think!

7 hours ago, Damon88 said:

33 minutes ago, tlbullet said:

I cant stop ordering either..i havnt even had a chance to use a drop of any product.  If Nothing else my garage walls will be nicely decorated!!

Next Mb is coming on Wednesday.   

Being brainwashed i think!

The addiction is real, gentlemen. Just meet it head on and order the Ultimate Kit:willy: 

14 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

The addiction is real, gentlemen. Just meet it head on and order the Ultimate Kit:willy: 

That would definatley be easier and cheaper....but cant hide that $1k bill on the credit card.   This way i can mix in the $100-$200 purchaes between the wife’s charges and nobody will know!?