Customer Service 866.965.0400

Should I have done this?

Ls1transam

Be sure to coat those boots good in the conditioner if you used the cleaner on them.  I like to rub it in with my hands rather than a cloth.  I've used it on my leather jackets too.  And my leather recliner. Works great on everything.  And those are nice looking boots.  :2thumbs:

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Be sure to coat those boots good in the conditioner if you used the cleaner on them.  I like to rub it in with my hands rather than a cloth.  I've used it on my leather jackets too.  And my leather recliner. Works great on everything.  And those are nice looking boots.  :2thumbs:

Conditioned them I did haha

35 minutes ago, pirahnah3 said:

Nice job, might be worth a second coat in a couple days. 

BTW for those that have done this, have you dont it to boots that were sold as waterproof? and if so what are the results?

These are water proof. They look pretty good.

7 minutes ago, Ls1transam said:

These are water proof. They look pretty good.

Not as concerned with looks, more about function. I just ordered my next pair of boots for work and was thinking about doing this from the get go to keep them happy. 

For the record I wear redwings. 

I would try out some other boots, but with the discount our company gets at Redwing its just worth it for me. 

Ill have to give the new pair a try, several wanted me to get some of the mink oil and go thru that but I was hoping to not need more products in the house when I already had some awesome leather products in the house. 

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:17 PM, pirahnah3 said:

Not as concerned with looks, more about function. I just ordered my next pair of boots for work and was thinking about doing this from the get go to keep them happy. 

For the record I wear redwings. 

I have wore nothing but Redwings for the 20+ years. Like Adams you cant beat their customer service. I take them in about once a month and they oil them and replace the strings if need for as long as I own the boots no charge. 

19 hours ago, Black Bowtie said:

I have wore nothing but Redwings for the 20+ years. Like Adams you cant beat their customer service. I take them in about once a month and they oil them and replace the strings if need for as long as I own the boots no charge. 

If I had a good local actual redwing store I would, but best we have nearby is an authorized reseller store, and they are not the best to work with...heck I cant even get my american flags for the laces. 

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:00 AM, pirahnah3 said:

If I had a good local actual redwing store I would, but best we have nearby is an authorized reseller store, and they are not the best to work with...heck I cant even get my american flags for the laces. 

That sucks! I'm lucky and have an actual store close. Plus they give me a military discount. My company also reimburses me for my safety boots.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:31 PM, Naylor649 said:

You red wing guys need to make the switch to Thorogoods. Gave the boot to red wings 9 years ago and never looked back. I myself can’t get away with good ole mink oil or saddle conditioner. 

Never heard of them, and if they don't have a local store to handle my issues then I wont buy them. I don't have time to ship boots back and forth for a problem.  I have wore the soles off my Redwings and the said they would resole them if I wanted. Still cant beat their customer service!

• 2 weeks later...

We use the leather conditioner on our leather couch.  The place we bought it from made us buy their house brand conditioner in order to get a "free" extended warranty.  It was only like $10 so we bought it and threw it right in the trash lol.