Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tire shine staining white car

06blackvert

23 minutes ago, Rich said:

I have two white cars (one's a Vette) and never had that happen.  I apply it to the applicator and wipe it on rather than spray it on and then wipe it.  

Ditto, on both having a white car and this not happening, as well as spraying the applicator vs. tires. If you do decide to spray the tires directly, Brian's suggestion of using a towel to wipe off the excess is spot on. Keep in mind different tires react differently to the products, even tires by the same manufacturer on the same car. Those differences likely explain why you're having a different experience with the new car. And if it keeps happening, you might want to try VRT (again?) - it's not as shiny, but still a great product.

A little detail spray and a towel should clear it right off your paint. Sounds like you drove a bit too quickly after applying. I have a white F250 with some large tires and have had that happen when I have either over applied it or not given it a chance to dry enough. The detail spray might not be enough if it has dried on, but there is going to be something that will help. Its not permanently stained, just dried onto the paint.