Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polishing Pads

MattyJ

Question

Hey detailers,

I have a Mint Pro Tools DA L15 polisher, I need replacement pads (polisher and finishing pads) but the ones i replaced them with are too big. They were the ones recommended by the company I purchased them from but have around 10mm overhang each side. Thus creating unwanted vibration through the edges and uneven pressures. The backing plate on the polisher is the same size as the Adams Swirl Killer, 123mm, anyone had similar problems with this?

Added a couple photos of the original pad size I had (green) and the new one is peach.

Matt

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

4 answers to this question

I thought the same as you too Shane but using them they are really quite average. Also leaving a loopy swirl behind of compound. Maybe it’s just cheap quality pads. I have emailed the online company to see if I can get a refund and try another brand. 

They also have the measurements wrong as the pad is bigger than their online measurements. Just seems a bit odd. 

Thanks for your reply :) 

Who is the manufacturer?  We use Lake Country Pads and have had good luck. Often there is a small overhang on each side of the plate. 

This has been true and of Adam’s Pads and others we have tried. On our 15/21mm machines, there’s definite overhang. On our 12mm mini, the pad is pretty much a direct fit.

Sounds more like a pad that isn’t ideal to work with. We tried a bunch before settling on what we currently use. 

Not sure if it is one that you have heard of, its called Mint Pro Tools. so its their machine and their pad but its just not right. Yea i agree with you though, a small amount of overhang is good, I dont think the photo with the green pad does it justice but there is about 5mm each side. but the peach pad has around 15mm which is just too much IMO. I have heard good things about the Lake Country pads and can access them through the same website I purchased these ones through. 

What pads do you guys use specifically for your polishers? Any link to them?

Cheers