Customer Service 866.965.0400

Maintaining a C-Quartz coated car with Adam's Products?

LSX Maestro

Question

So I have a brand new 2018 ZL1 on order; should be here in April.  And it's going to go right to the Xpel shop for front facing area coverage.  After that, I'm going to have it Ceramic Coated.  Ceramic Coating is a thing that I could handle but I don't have the time or a very clean facility to let it sit in.  

Anyways, the best detail shop in town (Raving reviews, 4.9 stars out of 5 across 100+ reviews on Google/Yelp) will apply 4 different types of Ceramic Coating...C-Quartz (2 year), Sonax (3 year), SB3 (4 year) and Opticoat pro, which they claim 7 years on.  

My question is, if I have them apply a C-Quartz coating...I have all Adam's in my detailing lineup.  So I'd be using their Shampoo, Detail Spray, Waterless, Rinseless etc.  (Obviously I wouldn't use any Sealants or Waxes as those don't bond with Silica).  I know CarPro has a whole line of products that are highly respected too that are built to work together.  I don't really feel like changing over for just one vehicle (And I won't).  So would I be fine if I have my car C-Quartz and then use Adam's Car Shampoo for washings, Waterless/Rinesless for touchups, and then a Ceramic Boost as a monthly topper?  Any experience?  Or should I load up on the CarPro products like Reload, Ech20 etc.  

Thanks 

5 answers to this question

Adam’s Polishes Ceramic Boost is similar to CarPro Reload. My daily driver is coated in CQ. We still use Reload on it since it’s designes specifically to work with CQ. 

Ceramic Boost should be tested on a small area just to make sure it plays well with whatever CQ product they installed (guessing CQUK or TiO2 based on durability). 

As as long as you don’t notice any adverse effects, have at it. I don’t foresee any compatibility issues. We always try to match the maintenance product with the coating simply to ensure the best results and compatibility. This isn’t an absolute rule. 

On 2/20/2018 at 12:11 PM, shane@detailedreflections said:

Adam’s Polishes Ceramic Boost is similar to CarPro Reload. My daily driver is coated in CQ. We still use Reload on it since it’s designes specifically to work with CQ. 

Ceramic Boost should be tested on a small area just to make sure it plays well with whatever CQ product they installed (guessing CQUK or TiO2 based on durability). 

As as long as you don’t notice any adverse effects, have at it. I don’t foresee any compatibility issues. We always try to match the maintenance product with the coating simply to ensure the best results and compatibility. This isn’t an absolute rule. 

Ceramic boost does great over c quartz it acts very much like reload.

I was told (of course by the CarPro guy) to use CarPro products with CQuartz since they're all designed specifically for that coating. However, when I told him I had a lot of Adam's Polishes CWS left, he said I could use that, but suggested also doing a monthly wash with their Reset wash.

Since my wife and I recently purchased her Camaro, I've been using strictly CarPro products on my paint and Adam's products on hers. Pertaining to tires and glass, I use Adams for both vehicles.

All personal preference but if you're to get the full 2 years or whatever out of your coating, you should follow the companies recommendations for maintenance products.

1 hour ago, Mariner said:

I was told (of course by the CarPro guy) to use CarPro products with CQuartz since they're all designed specifically for that coating. However, when I told him I had a lot of Adam's Polishes CWS left, he said I could use that, but suggested also doing a monthly wash with their Reset wash.

Since my wife and I recently purchased her Camaro, I've been using strictly CarPro products on my paint and Adam's products on hers. Pertaining to tires and glass, I use Adams for both vehicles.

All personal preference but if you're to get the full 2 years or whatever out of your coating, you should follow the companies recommendations for maintenance products.

I think I've decided I'm going to skip the Ceramic Coating at least this time around.  Perhaps next year I'll coat it but the $500+ you'd pay someone else to do it is twice what it would take to do it yourself multiple times.  After watching some more videos, I could handle it on a dedicated weekend. I like how my detailing system is right now.  I have quite a few cars + my daily drivers and right now I can use the same process on all of them; all cars get LPS + H2O or BG/Americana if they're garage queens, everything gets the same wheel treatment, tire and trim, glass treatment, washing habits etc.  And most of them only get to be out 4-6 months out of the year so well inside of the time that LPS + toppers could handle.