Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Product Quick Look: Adam's iK 1.5 Foam Sprayer!

Dan@Adams

Hey everyone! You may have noticed we have a new pressurized foaming sprayer available as of today, the Adam's iK 1.5 Foam Sprayer!

IMG_0318.jpg

You might be asking what benefit does this have over other sprayer options we have. Well, this is a pressurized foaming sprayer that works similar to a Foam Cannon setup - but without the need of a gas or electric pressure washer! Here's a quick look at operation and performance of the sprayer:

Start out by adding approx. 33oz of water to the canister:

ihKKaWM.jpg

Next, pour in about 2-3oz of Ultra Foam Shampoo or other foaming chemical (more on that later):

zxMQJ6j.jpg

Firmly secure the top, shake it up to mix the soap and water solution some, then pump it up about 15-25 times to pressurize the sprayer. I found that 26 pumps on the bottle was about max:

R5Ln4ro.jpg

Ready to go:

HtI2g41.jpg

Initial test spray onto the driver front wheel of my car. You can see it lays down a pretty thick foam!

hnt29k1.jpg

Now you're going to ask, how much can this sprayer foam down before you will need to pump it back up to pressurize it again? The answer for me was one full 20" wheel and tire:

F6MVR8b.jpg

With one fully pressurized cycle, I was able to foam down a front fender or the painted portion of a rear door no problem. I foamed down about half of my fullsize sedan with one canister of Ultra Foam Shampoo and water solution. I would suspect I would need 2 to 2.5 canisters worth to foam down every section of the car. The nice benefit of this sprayer is that you could take it with you to a car wash to focus on key areas, or have a nice thick foaming capability if you're on a budget and can't afford a pressure washer, or would rather not deal with the setup of a pressure washer each wash. I can see myself using this for foaming down wheels and tires especially with our Wheel Cleaner or Tire & Rubber Cleaner! I'm planning on washing my car after work today since it's beautiful outside, so I'll make sure to get some pictures of using it with Wheel Cleaner too!

B0Hu4F8.jpg

Thanks for looking, and let us know if you have any questions!

Adam's iK 1.5 Foam Sprayer: http://adamspolishes.com/shop/specials/sub-category-1/adam-s-ik-foam-sprayer.html

Adam's iK 1.5 Foam Sprayer & Ultra Foam Shampoo Combo: http://adamspolishes.com/shop/specials/sub-category-1/adam-s-ik-foam-sprayer-ultra-foam-combo.html

How will waterless wash or rinseless wash work in it? I assume those won’t foam? 

My my reason for asking is I am wondering if this one bottle can do double duty. For example can I use it with foaming products when I want; but can I also use as a sprayer for non foaming products (like rinseless)? Let me know if my question / thought needs clarification. 

I didn't read the website description so if the answer is there I didn’t look yet. 

3 hours ago, tlbullet said:

I just received the preMium soap gun and havent opened it yet.  Do you think id be better off with the premium foam gun or this 1.5 foam sprayer???

Thoughts/comparisons???

I don't think you can compare the two.  The foam gun connects to your water hose and is designed to get your entire car soapy - more than once.  This little bottle would need to be refilled a few times to cover your car.

The pressure sprayer would work better for soaping smaller areas of the car or for other products like detail spray, waterless wash, APC, etc.I

3 hours ago, Beemer said:

I don't think you can compare the two.  The foam gun connects to your water hose and is designed to get your entire car soapy - more than once.  This little bottle would need to be refilled a few times to cover your car.

The pressure sprayer would work better for soaping smaller areas of the car or for other products like detail spray, waterless wash, APC, etc.I

The pressure sprayer does seem to be the best, but i havent  added a pressure washer to the arsenal..yet

22 hours ago, 8675309'SS said:

How will waterless wash or rinseless wash work in it? I assume those won’t foam? 

My my reason for asking is I am wondering if this one bottle can do double duty. For example can I use it with foaming products when I want; but can I also use as a sprayer for non foaming products (like rinseless)? Let me know if my question / thought needs clarification. 

I didn't read the website description so if the answer is there I didn’t look yet. 

it doesn't appear Adams sells it, but there is a non foaming sprayer version of this item available

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:45 PM, 8675309'SS said:

There's a video on the retail site that shows Adam using this pressurized spray bottle with several different products.  Non-foaming products.

I'd be willing to bet that it's a different tip that causes the foaming action (like the tips in the foam guns).  I agree - it would be nice to know for sure if these can be used for foaming and non-foaming applications. Maybe by just changing out the tip.

12 hours ago, funkymonkey1111 said:

There is an IK sprayer that looks nearly identical to the foamer.   That one in the screen shot above is not it.   Hopefully Adam's will start selling the regular IK sprayer.   Also, there are larger models available as well.  

Thanks. Found the info you are referring to.  :ph34r:

2 hours ago, pirahnah3 said:

Dan, or anyone who has one already, are these coming with the multiple tips or just the one? 

Also as Adams going to cary the larger one? the iK9? 

Hey Jim, the video in product detail page shows all three tips.

That iK9 looks awesome.  I’m going to order one for my dad for Father’s Day.  I think he will dig it. I’m going to have to test it though. ;)

E57C03CA-AA60-4425-9EBC-68863FB38289.jpeg

I really like the idea of having the ability to apply the wheel cleaner as a foam.  Before the latest evolution of wheel cleaner was released, ( I believe ) the previous version came with a foaming sprayer.  It just seems like it helped the product cover and stick better.  I'll be including one with my next order.

9 hours ago, SSilver07 said:

I'm also curious if you can use rinse-less wash and if it will foam. Maybe that can be the next product... foaming rinse-less wash? :D

Rinseless Wash does not foam.  I use a pre-soak for bugs with Car Wash Shampoo and Rinseless Wash in a foaming sprayer, and adding too much RW will really reduce the suds of the CWS to almost nothing.  Same is true for using RW with CWS in the Foam Cannon.

On 2/23/2018 at 10:47 AM, sahls01gmc said:

Hey Dan, I’d like to hear more about this “other foaming chemical” you mentioned.... :ph34r:

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound misleading - I meant testing out current chemicals that will foam, like Wheel Cleaner, Tire & Rubber Cleaner, etc.

Here's a picture of Wheel Cleaner in action with the Foamer! I used about 6oz of water and 3oz of Wheel Cleaner for this picture just as a test to see what it would do. It didn't turn purple as much, so I would recommend using it full strength or diluting maybe just a tiny bit with water. My wheels weren't terribly dirty either though.

9NwX1Z0.jpg