Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Product Quick Look: Adam's iK 1.5 Foam Sprayer!

Dan@Adams

On 2/24/2018 at 2:15 PM, pirahnah3 said:

Dan, or anyone who has one already, are these coming with the multiple tips or just the one? 

Also as Adams going to cary the larger one? the iK9? 

The sprayer does come with 3 different tips, with the gray tip pre-installed as the standard foam tip. The green tip is said to create a dry foam, and the orange tip will create a more wet foam according to their documentation, but I haven't tested those two out yet - the gray tip that was pre-installed in mine works great! This iK 1.5 Foaming Sprayer only comes with the one fan sprayer end piece, but it does come with 10 small replacement felt filters that go inside the spray tip as well.

At this time, I haven't received any word if we will offer any of their other sprayers. I would imagine we'll see how well these are received by customers first, but the iK9 does look awesome!

Dan, I tried Carpet and Upholstery cleaner in mine this week, all it did was spit and sputter.  My guess after looking is that this product is non-foaming so It would not work in this sprayer.  Is there a list of products that work and don't work in these?

Hi Matt,

Our Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner is specifically designed not to foam up, and we do state on the bottle that it will not create suds, so I'm sorry if you ended up wasting some product there.

It will work with the following products that we offer. I will add to the list as needed:

• Adam's Car Shampoo
  • Adam's Eco All Purpose Cleaner
  • Adam's Leather & Interior Cleaner
  • Adam's Strip Wash
  • Adam's Tire & Rubber Cleaner
  • Adam's Wash & Wax
  • Adam's Wheel Cleaner
  • Adam's Ultra Foam Shampoo

Bye-bye Kwazar...

I have been using a Kwazar sprayer with foaming tip for the last 3 or so years.  I mainly use it as a pre-soak for bugs.  It makes runny foam, somewhat similar to what a Foam Gun would make.  When I tried using it for All Purpose Cleaner or Tire & Rubber Cleaner, it went through too much product way too fast.

Hello iK Foam Sprayer...

This little foaming sprayer makes nice, dry foam, very similar to a Foam Cannon.  I used the purple tip for this first test, and the foam seem just right, not too dry, not too wet.

To compare the two, I did a side-by-side test on the grill.  I put 4oz of the regular blue Car Wash Shampoo in each, with the rest of the bottle filled with cold water.  Shook them real good, them pumped them up.  The iK takes more pumps to get it to full pressure (about 25 pumps compared to 15 pumps on the Kwazar).

I sprayed the two sides at the same time.  What a difference in the foam!

20180303_202325.jpg

20180303_202402.jpg

You can see that the iK makes thicker foam that clings longer. The Kwazar foam is wetter and runs off fast.  The iK does not go through product as fast as the Kwazar.  After testing it a few times on both the Raptor and the Explorer, the Kwazar was almost empty, and the iK was still half full.

I plan to pick up another iK Foam Sprayer to use with Tire & Rubber Cleaner, and maybe another for All Purpose Cleaner.

• 2 weeks later...

I used the IK Sprayer last night with Strip wash to take off a coat of buttery wax so I could try a new Brilliant Glaze/Americana Wax combo on my weekender.

Worked great! Was able to get it done in my garage (Since the weather is still terrible here in IL) and very minimal water use that was easily cleaned up with my mop.

I filled about halfway with water and 2oz of strip wash and a little more strip wash in a bucket and a MF washing pad. The level of foam from the IK sprayer is pretty crazy. Since I wasn't doing the windows or wheels I had plenty of use from that to do the whole car. 

I almost want to ditch my foam gun and just use this for now on with soaps. However I like the idea of using the IK with wheel cleaner so maybe I just need to buy more IK foamers :)

• 10 months later...
29 minutes ago, alanbarry said:

Hi Dan,

Are there only low PSI options available? I would love to purchase one as I was just browsing the web in search of a good foam sprayer. Though on the second thougt, the sprayer option isn't enough. It seams, that I need the high preasure canon at very least, as after a single ride from my farm, my Outlander is completely covered in mud. So I wonder whether the Adam going to launch some fume canons like from the article I found click here, for instance?

Looking forward to your reply.

Here is the link to the Adam's Foam Cannon:

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/specials/foam/adam-s-foam-cannon-car-washer.html

Do note that all Foam Cannons require a pressure washer.

adams_polishes_foam_cannon_red_1.jpg