Customer Service 866.965.0400

What last longer

DirtySanchez

Question

10 answers to this question

The general rule is more durable products are applied first...in other words, sealant (like PS or HGG), then wax, then glaze. BUT...it can also be personal preference based on desired effect. Some like to apply glaze between sealant and wax, for example. So really, neither you nor your buddies can lose. Just take them out to lunch and split the bill 50/50.

See this article for more on longevity and layering info:

With a solid paste wax like Americana or Patriot, it probably doesn't matter if you do H2O or the wax first.  BUT I would not say the same for a weaker liquid wax (From any brand) or Adam's Buttery even.  I've seen it kind of burn off/no more beading in 2 weeks or so.  Which means anything that's on top of it would most likely be gone too.  Personally I would choose to put down Liquid Paint Sealant first for the longest/strongest protection, then top that with a Glaze and your choice of a topper, either H2O GG (More function based, but still adds good aesthetics) or Patriot/Americana (More aesthetic based, but still very functional of course).