Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O G&G Cleanup

cjldad

Question

5 answers to this question

You'll definitely want to wash them separately.  My wash routine for G&G towels includes a presoak with APC in warm water for 30 minutes or so.  I follow that up by draining the pre-soak bucket and hitting the borderless greys with a few sprays of Microfiber Revitalizer front and back before they go into the washer. I use a few ounces of MR in the washer, set on warm and use a second rinse cycle.  Dry on delicate with low heat for just a short time, then let them hang on an open drying rack to dry completely before I fold them and store them away for the next use.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, cjldad said:

Any special process for washing or cleaning the grey microfiber after using the H2O G&G?

Thanks!

23 hours ago, SSilver07 said:

Some of mine got to the point where they won't absorb anything. Just used new ones.

Since the H20 Guard & Gloss is water-activated, it is importation to get the product cleaned out of the towels immediately after you are done.  Do not let the product sit in the towels and cure, or it will build up in the fibers of the towel, which eventually causes them to stop absorbing.

My process is to rinse them out in the sink really good with warm water, to get most of the H2O Guard & Gloss out, then spray all sides of the towel with full-strength Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener, and really work the towel in your hands to get the detergent into the fibers.  Then I rinse them out, and repeat with the Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener.  On the final rinse, I will just half rinse the towels, leaving some Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener in the towel, not a lot, just a little. I then hang the towels to dry.  Once dry, I store them in a sealed tote until I get enough for a load in the washing machine.  I wash these towels separately, and use Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener in the washing machine on hot water, with an extra rinse.

One time, I just threw them into a bucket with a few ounces of Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener, and let them soak overnight,  When I rinsed them the next morning, I could tell that the H2O Guard & Gloss had cured in the fibers of the towel, and could not be rinsed out.