Customer Service 866.965.0400

Towels

BlackCadi14

Question

Hey,

I am sure I am crazy here but last night I cleaned my microfiber towels along with with my ultra plush drying towel.  I used MR as my cleaner and then extra low in the dryer but my problem is that my ultra plush drying towel has a lot of static charge, is that normal or what should i do next time to help with this issue.

Its just my car I clean so I dont have a bunch of towels to wash together. I try to get a many as I can when I do wash them.  I separate my towel from wash and wax towels.  I know not to wash my wax towels with my regular microfibers or glass towels.  

you all dont use dryer sheets in the dryer do you all??

5 answers to this question

Not sure about the cause of the static, but probably has to do with humidity, etc. I don't put mine in the dryer at all, just air dry, but that's a personal preference.

As for the dryer sheets - NO! Do not use any fabric softener, sheets or liquid. 

Here's more on caring for the MF towels:

Edited by falcaineer

After I dry my towels, they usually have enough static charge to power Tampa Bay for a week or so. It's fine.. definitely don't use dryer sheets. I usually dry mine on low heat for however long it takes to dry them. Over a year later and all my towels are still fine. 

Edited by Mariner

It's winter. Everything sticks to everything this time of year.  Low heat in the dryer is fine, or if you have a place to hang dry your towels, that's good too. Just NO fabric softener.

Moving this one to Towels, Brushes, and Accessories. We try to keep the Detailing Library section for FAQ's and write-ups only.

Static charge is normal after removing from the dryer as others have said. You should be able to grab two corners of the towel and give it a few quick snaps to discharge the static build-up though :)