Customer Service 866.965.0400
Sign in to follow this  
Coderedpl

Cement "dirt splatter" ?

Question

So there was some road work being done around my neighborhood and I managed to drive over what I can only assume was wet cement dust or something. Honestly I don't even know what to call it, but its all over my wheel liners. I tried spraying APC and it didnt help THAT much. 

Besides blasting it away forcefully with a pressure washer, does anybody have any ideas on how to potentially dissolve it? 

It's not hard, and if i run my finger across it, it comes off. Unfortunately I can't scrub every little nook and cranny that it got into.  

Picture attached.

Any ideas? 

20180305_125236.jpg

9 answers to this question

I'd take it to a do it yourself car wash and use the spray gun there and get as much off as you can.  Be careful using a wash mitt. There may be some fine pieces stuck in the fibers that can scratch your paint. 

That's really the only idea I came up with thus far. 

I might get some generic, strong, all purpose cleaner and spray the hell out of the liners, let it sit and then rinse. 

Maybe spray it with some APC , but be careful.  If you have a soft bristle brush, you could use that and then do a paint correction after.  Boy, I'd be pissed off. Sorry for your troubles bud.

That sucks. But since it appears to be the wheel well, what keeps you from trying the brush, "industrial" soap and pressure rinse at a local pay and spray? No real fear of scratches on that part of the car, I wouldn't think. My two cents. Good luck, and let us know what you figure out.

I don't have to worry too much about paint being scuffed because the car is vinyl wrapped with a matte finish, so swirls and what-not will not be there, just have to be careful I don't catch a rock or something on the wrap accidentally. 

So I went to local coin op, bought some generic APC/Wheel cleaner and sprayed the living crap out of all the liners. After a lengthy session of rinsing, I got most of it "cleaned". There are still some spots that it shows through but for the most part its good. 

18 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Thanks for the update, glad it worked out pretty well. Did you try the coin op brush?

Yep. I won't deny, the pressure on it was a bit crappy. If it had higher pressure, I would of gotten it a bit better. There are some very faint marks but it's a fender liner, I'm not expecting perfection. When summer comes around I will likely lift the car on a jack, find some strong APC and just wash down the whole undercarriage with a better pressure washer.