Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning Interior Vinyl door panels

NickyC

Question

I am new to this forum. I have red leather sports seats on 87 Vette with matching red vinyl inside door panels -- the inside vinyl door panels are my concern with fair amount gease/body oil.. car has only 42000 on it and in general panels are in good condition. I was thinking of trying Adams All purpose cleaner or new Eco all purpose cleaner on it. To date, I have tried Dove/hot water and Soft scrub with not any good  results.  Any thoughts appreciated

7 answers to this question

Eco APC isn't a bad choice.  I think my first choice would be leather and interior cleaner with a boars hair brush, utility towels and some elbow grease.  It's the product that's formulated for the job.  Right tool for the job and all that.  If that doesn't work, steam may be an option, but you'd want to be cautious of getting the vinyl too hot.

I've always just used the Leather Conditioner inside my Vettes unless there's a spot or really dirty (which they've never been).  The conditioner has cleaning properties, plus it has good sun protection to keep stuff from fading. I use it everywhere  in the Vettes, doors, dash, shift boot, doors, steering wheel, seats, etc.  Works great.