Customer Service 866.965.0400

H20 Guard & Gloss - How Much?

tj59510

Question

How much G&G are you supposed to apply? I've got a Yukon XL (read: LOTS of surface area) and I apply as directed onto a wet surface before wiping with a damp/wet microfiber cloth and then buff with a dry. What I notice is that after applying and wiping in a few spots, my wet towel is soaked as expected. But when I go to wring it out, it's LOADED with G&G. So much so that I can see it oozing out like cream from between my fingers. 

Anyone else notice this? Am I using too much? Should I be wringing this out over the vehicle surface to apply again? 

15 answers to this question

I have a Tahoe,  I do 2 sprays per panel, then hit that respective panel’s window last, with the residual thats in the towel.  The hood probably gets 4-6 sprays.

Roof- a whole lot ??‍♂️  Wheels last, with basically whats left in the towel, sometimes I’ll give them tiny sprays.

Edited by Nickfire20

I haven't experienced that much soaked into the towel, but yea, this product has a bit of a learning curve steeper than some other products.  Like any other wax or LSP, minimal is best and a little goes A LOT farther than we typically think it does.  You're going to spread it around the surface before buffing out, so practice will teach you to not use much. Great thing with this product is that it's so user friendly, it does't make it a bear to use if you overdo it.  You just end up wasting product.  Practice with less and less; you'll get there.

I spray 4-5 sprays into a wet towel. Then 1-2 sprays per panel depending on the size of the panel. I’ll do maybe half the vehicle, then I re-wet my towel and wring it out. Flip to a new side and spray an additional 4-5 sprays and then 1-2 sprays again on each panel as needed. I always done the dry method until I got the hang of it.

I switched to a Tolco sprayer, like the one on the Adam's 32 oz. Premium Bottle, and it atomizes the G&G much better, allowing for a more even spray over the area.  Like the others, I use about 2 sprays per panel, but on yours you may need to break it up in more sections. 

11 hours ago, Chris@Adams said:

After you do 2 or 3 panels you can start slacking off on product since your MF will starting to load up.

If you apply too much H20G&G you may get streaking. 

Chris, I haven't noticed a whole lot of streaking...but that could also be sure to the fact that the car is white.

11 hours ago, mc2hill said:

I switched to a Tolco sprayer, like the one on the Adam's 32 oz. Premium Bottle, and it atomizes the G&G much better, allowing for a more even spray over the area.  Like the others, I use about 2 sprays per panel, but on yours you may need to break it up in more sections. 

2 sprays per panel? No wonder my bottle is already almost half empty...

I sprayed a few sprays on each wet panel last time I used G&G but I got a lot of streaking and had a fun time trying to get the streaking out. I think I am going to try the "Ammo Hydrate" method with it today. A couple sprays on a damp microfiber as I dry the car and hopefully that will lay the product down and not streak like last time.