Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning spray bottles

DirtySanchez

Question

I have a spray bottle (plastic) with wheel cleaner in it.   Just about empty,  I want to use that same bottle and put a different product (chemical) In it, either clay lube, or something else. Not sure what,  is just rinsing out the bottle with water ok ?? 

3 answers to this question

8 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

I have a spray bottle (plastic) with wheel cleaner in it.   Just about empty,  I want to use that same bottle and put a different product (chemical) In it, either clay lube, or something else. Not sure what,  is just rinsing out the bottle with water ok ?? 

I usually just rinse them out with water until it stops foaming. With wheel cleaner being so potent, you may want to try washing it out with Dawn or a sort of detergent as well. But definitely reuse your bottles... save the environment! ?

8 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

3 minutes ago, Mariner said:

I usually just rinse them out with water until it stops foaming. With wheel cleaner being so potent, you may want to try washing it out with Dawn or a sort of detergent as well. But definitely reuse your bottles... save the environment! ?

Just be sure to CLEARLY label the re-used bottle!  

Hot water and Dawn.  Put some Dawn in the bottle, fill with hot water, and put the sprayer back on. Shake it up and then spray, spray, spray.  Once you have the nozzle clean,  shake the bottle well, then dump it all out.  Run cold water in the bottle until all the soap is out, put the nozzle back on and spray again to get the soap out of the nozzle.  After that, you should be good to go.