Customer Service 866.965.0400

Eco Wheel Cleaner as Bug and Tar remover

SlammedRT

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi there,

While I haven't tried Eco Wheel Cleaner as a bug and tar remover quite yet, it is safe for all surfaces besides interior, so you could try it out. It will most likely remove most if not all wax protection, and could weaken sealants like Paint Sealant and H2O Guard as well. Do not allow it to dry on any surfaces, and make sure to rinse it thoroughly. I would follow up with a fresh layer of sealant or wax in that area as well!

18 hours ago, Dan@Adams said:

Hi there,

While I haven't tried Eco Wheel Cleaner as a bug and tar remover quite yet, it is safe for all surfaces besides interior, so you could try it out. It will most likely remove most if not all wax protection, and could weaken sealants like Paint Sealant and H2O Guard as well. Do not allow it to dry on any surfaces, and make sure to rinse it thoroughly. I would follow up with a fresh layer of sealant or wax in that area as well!

Ahhhh I was thinking it was safe for waxes and sealants since it was 'formulated for fragile finishes' which brought up the idea. Anything like such at Adams?

3 hours ago, SlammedRT said:

Perfect thanks! So I would imagine either would be a better wheel cleaner as well if the wheels have paint sealant on them? Anyone tried?

"Better" is relative. For light cleaning, yes, they'll work just fine without removing any protection. If you do, I do recommend you dedicate some older MF towels for that purpose. My car doesn't generate much brake dust at all, and I've pretty much stopped using WC, opting instead for CS or Wash & Wax. I'll also sometimes add HGG to the mix (haven't sealed them, but plan to this spring). But if your car generates a lot of brake dust, WC is the one to use. Then, consider adding HGG as a boost to the PS...or maybe coat them.

Side note...here's a video explaining a little more why, I think, @Dan@Adams says what he did above: