Customer Service 866.965.0400

All of our latest work

16 minutes ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

Thanks for the advice! What did you shoot the GT350 with? I know man I look at stuff all the time at best buy, mikes camera,  B&H and its just so expensive 

The GT350 was my 35, 85 and 24-120. I’m still figuring out the best uses for each one honestly. 

16 minutes ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

Okay thanks man. Still gonna have to do some more research i wish i could buy them all ?

You and I both!  But glass is more important than the camera body. Good glass lasts a long time as long as you don’t switch body manufacturers. And you can never have a fast enough lens!  So buy the fastest you can afford. The 50 1.8 is cheap and a great lens. 

Just now, shane@detailedreflections said:

You and I both!  But glass is more important than the camera body. Good glass lasts a long time as long as you don’t switch body manufacturers. And you can never have a fast enough lens!  So buy the fastest you can afford. The 50 1.8 is cheap and a great lens. 

Do you think 24-105 would be better? i want a 16-35 but the lens is almost as much as i paid for my camera... i dont want to buy the wrong lens!! I am so lost right now haha

10 minutes ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

Do you think 24-105 would be better? i want a 16-35 but the lens is almost as much as i paid for my camera... i dont want to buy the wrong lens!! I am so lost right now haha

If you’re going to have a single lens, or limited lenses, the 16-35 is probably too narrow. The 24-105 gives you decent range. Just make sure it’s fast enough for what you want to do with it. 

3 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

I am in complete agreement about the lenses being more important than the body.  I'm on my 2rd body for the lenses that I started collecting in 1983 for the Minolta.  The one thing I will recommend is that if you want longevity for you lenses, make sure you go with equipment primary equipment to ensure they will be supported for many years.   In addition to the 6 lenses and one doubler, I have just about every cokin filter.   The original camera, which I still have, is a Minolta Maxxum 7000 for reference.   My favorite lens is the 28-80 macro, especially when playing with the cokin filters.

I'm sure many other veterans know how cheap you could get things on base when you are are overseas, I know on my base pay, I couldn't have bought anything like that inconus.  I'm in need of a new body and right now the Sony A7 iii is at the top of my list. 

Eventually, we ending up doing pictures and video's of weddings, retirements, school activities and various other activities.  As for weddings, after 4 or 5 of them, we decided that nobody could pay us enough to do any more of them.   Contrary to popular belief, it was not the bride, it was the mother-in-laws that made it such as challenge.

Great work on the your pictures Shane.  It should be pointed out that nothing can hide from the camera, which is why I look at your pictures and more importantly quality of work, in awe. 

Edited by RayS

5 minutes ago, RayS said:

I am incomplete agreement about the lenses being more important than the body.  I'm on my 2rd body for the lenses that I started collecting in 1983 for the Minolta.  The one thing I will recommend is that if you want longevity for you lenses, make sure you go with equipment primary equipment to ensure they will be supported for many years.   In addition to the 6 lenses and one doubler, I have just about every cokin filter.   The original camera, which I still have, is a Minolta Maxxum 7000 for reference.   My favorite lens is the 28-80 macro, especially when playing with the cokin filters.

I'm sure many other veterans know how cheap you could get things on base when you are are overseas, I know on my base pay, I couldn't have bought anything like that inconus.  I'm in need of a new body and right now the Sony A7 iii is at the top of my list. 

Eventually, we ending up doing pictures and video's of weddings, retirements, school activities and various other activities.  As for weddings, after 4 or 5 of them, we decided that nobody could pay us enough to do any more of them.   Contrary to popular belief, it was not the bride, it was the mother-in-laws that made it such as challenge.

Great work on the your pictures Shane.  It should be pointed out that nothing can hide from the camera, which is why I look at your pictures and more importantly quality of work, in awe. 

I have the A7III and it is incredible. i know it has quite some potential and im not achieving that with just one lens. Im trying to do as much research as possible before black friday and then hopefully be able to make a killer purchase on a lens or maybe two if the prices arent too bad on that day. if you've got any recommendations/advice id love to hear too 

Shane, awesome work, that little garage of yours actually looks big with the car in it haha, then again that is compared to that beast of a truck last time lol. 

Love my Nikon as well, and can certainly agree the Body is a throw away, BUY GOOD GLASS. I absolutely adore my 70-200 F2.8VR its a BEAST of a lens, I still shoot DX and dont have a plan to move into FX anytime soon as I just dont have the need to. 

I loved the Sony stuff early on when they first dropped a DSLR and would have gone into that realm but at the time they just didnt have the catalog to support it. I will be interested to see what they can do with this next body. Thou for me the only potential next step would be mirrorless, but surprisingly I dont mind the weight of my gripped D300 and the larger lenses to me they help with stability. 

3 hours ago, pirahnah3 said:

Shane, awesome work, that little garage of yours actually looks big with the car in it haha, then again that is compared to that beast of a truck last time lol. 

Love my Nikon as well, and can certainly agree the Body is a throw away, BUY GOOD GLASS. I absolutely adore my 70-200 F2.8VR its a BEAST of a lens, I still shoot DX and dont have a plan to move into FX anytime soon as I just dont have the need to. 

I loved the Sony stuff early on when they first dropped a DSLR and would have gone into that realm but at the time they just didnt have the catalog to support it. I will be interested to see what they can do with this next body. Thou for me the only potential next step would be mirrorless, but surprisingly I dont mind the weight of my gripped D300 and the larger lenses to me they help with stability. 

My D750 is gripped actually.  And I love it.  It's a bit big and heavy, but it works.  My buddy just got the Sony Mirrorless.  I don't think I'm going to make the leap to mirrorless anytime soon.  I'm okay with my mirrored full frame set up.

I might have caved and ordered that 150-600 lens since I found one used with two teleconverters (a 1.4X and 2.0X)...I'm not sure I'll use the teleconverters since that's A LOT of reach and probably a lot of noise, but it'll be nice to have.  

So much going on these days...

And the Ford GT350 is back home with it's owner and we picked up his wife's C7 Corvette Grand Sport for the same treatment!

It was an overcast day, and a cold one at that!  So the lighting could have been way better for the photos.  But...it's enough to get the idea in natural light.  Enjoy!

_DSC3082.jpg

_DSC3084.jpg

_DSC3088.jpg

_DSC3090.jpg

_DSC3091.jpg

_DSC3092.jpg

_DSC3103.jpg

_DSC3106.jpg

_DSC3107.jpg

_DSC3109.jpg

_DSC3113.jpg

_DSC3114.jpg

_DSC3118.jpg

3 minutes ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

I am so jealous!!!! This looks incredible Shane! These pictures are incredible!!!! I think I’ve decided to go for the 50MM 1.4 lens for my A7 iii. Hopefully some good shots will follow when I get one! I’m hoping it goes on sale on Black Friday. 

Thanks man!  Save money and get the 1.8 honestly. The depth of field at 1.4 is next to useless for auto photography. More useful for portrait, and even then the 1.8 will work well. I know for Nikon the 1.8 is about $215 and the 1.4 is just under $500. Food for thought. Most of those were taken with 85mm 1.8. The interior was 50mm 1.8. Very few pics shot wide open aperature. 

43 minutes ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Thanks man!  Save money and get the 1.8 honestly. The depth of field at 1.4 is next to useless for auto photography. More useful for portrait, and even then the 1.8 will work well. I know for Nikon the 1.8 is about $215 and the 1.4 is just under $500. Food for thought. Most of those were taken with 85mm 1.8. The interior was 50mm 1.8. Very few pics shot wide open aperature. 

Awesome!! The next lens I think will definitely be the 85!

9 minutes ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

Awesome!! The next lens I think will definitely be the 85!

No problem!  I’m no expert, but you can see our images. The 85mm lens doesn’t work well inside cars unless you plan to do a lot of cropping and weird angles. A 50mm isn’t a bad compromise. 

So many factors. Would it be helpful if as I post photos I post the image data as well?  Assuming I can remember to?

2 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

No problem!  I’m no expert, but you can see our images. The 85mm lens doesn’t work well inside cars unless you plan to do a lot of cropping and weird angles. A 50mm isn’t a bad compromise. 

So many factors. Would it be helpful if as I post photos I post the image data as well?  Assuming I can remember to?

Yes it would be very helpful! if yo could tell me what lens you you use for whatever shot it may be!

@shane@detailedreflections Meh...looks OK!  Hahahahahaha.  Beautiful.  I actually think the overcast adds to the photos.  I’m no photographer (and typically can’t get a good pic of my car to save my own life), but seems to me that sometimes bright sunshine can prevent you from seeing the deepness of the shine/surface. Reflections are better and deeper too.  The overcast adds a touch of drama to the target. What a great car! 

On a separate note...if you could please pass along to the owner...his front splitter is not properly installed.  This is a epidemic issue with this car and dealers doing piss poor work during initial set up (the front splitter comes delivered in the trunk to avoid damage on the truck during shipping). If you look just above the splitter (just above the SHELBY) and below the white bumper skin about dead center of the front end, youll see those two visible slots in the white...you should not be able to see that. Those are slots for the tabs on the back side of the splitter. It isn’t snapped in place good or something.  

15 hours ago, Ls1transam said:

Killer work guys 

Thanks!

Looking back through this thread it’s an awesome timeline of how we consistently improve in our workflow and products. The results are evident from where we started to where we are now!  I’m blown away!

On 11/16/2018 at 10:00 AM, shane@detailedreflections said:

Thanks!

Looking back through this thread it’s an awesome timeline of how we consistently improve in our workflow and products. The results are evident from where we started to where we are now!  I’m blown away!

So are we, Shane! Keep up the great work!!!

One of my coworkers at the firehouse picked up a new truck and wanted us to ceramic coat it for him.  We got it with 900 miles on it and after giving it some polishing with a one step polish (not an all in one), it was ready to go.  

Now it's protected inside and out with a glass coating, window tints and a nine year coating.

I've included photo data for the photo people!

_DSC4747.thumb.jpg.9f0ffd43999801f73782cfd8ac1d379f.jpg

ISO 4000, 85mm, f/7.1, 1/100

_DSC4748.thumb.jpg.e5b9952547c6aeb21258e9d340c0b81f.jpg

ISO 7200, 85mm, f/10, 1/100

_DSC4750.thumb.jpg.1b40ecbe2621fe162f89f58810693626.jpg

ISO 110, 85mm, f/10, 1/100

_DSC4752.thumb.jpg.51643e88b72fb8c1b6f5397cb7e3d4ca.jpg

ISO 100, 85mm, f/10, 1/125

_DSC4753.thumb.jpg.6e653a6f59bf328782651fea276fde01.jpg

ISO 100, 85mm, f/10, 1/125

_DSC4755.thumb.jpg.ad86158630c429f05266564769cf0742.jpg

ISO 125, 35mm, f/10, 1/80