Customer Service 866.965.0400

All of our latest work

33 minutes ago, pirahnah3 said:

Dang man, I take a vacation and you have all the fun! Awesome work as always, from a 250k mile truck to the lap of luxury they all looks awesome. Heck I even see your piece in there getting a bit of love lol. 

You know we do it all!  We don’t discriminate. And we did get mine done. Still need to work hers into the calendar. But paying jobs have to come first I suppose. Such is our life!  Feast or famine. Hoping to keep momentum into winter. 

When we do get to put yours on the calendar?  

Edited by shane@detailedreflections

On 11/5/2018 at 3:48 PM, shane@detailedreflections said:

You know we do it all!  We don’t discriminate. And we did get mine done. Still need to work hers into the calendar. But paying jobs have to come first I suppose. Such is our life!  Feast or famine. Hoping to keep momentum into winter. 

When we do get to put yours on the calendar?  

Soon, we need to plan soon. 

@shane@detailedreflectionsThat GT350 is stunning. I would LOVE to be able to take pictures of such a car. they are incredible looking. by far my favorite mustang. I can not wait to see it after it's finished. I am actually heading to the McLaren dealership here in Highlands ranch tomorrow as they just took delivery of one of the brand new 600 LT's.... cant wait to take some sweet shots of it. ill post em up here when I get them uploaded on my computer !

7 hours ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

@shane@detailedreflectionsThat GT350 is stunning. I would LOVE to be able to take pictures of such a car. they are incredible looking. by far my favorite mustang. I can not wait to see it after it's finished. I am actually heading to the McLaren dealership here in Highlands ranch tomorrow as they just took delivery of one of the brand new 600 LT's.... cant wait to take some sweet shots of it. ill post em up here when I get them uploaded on my computer !

Thanks!  We will do our best to do the car justice!

Can’t wait to see the mclaren photos. Mclaren is my dream car. I’m not sure I’ll ever get one, especially with all the family stuff going on right now though. But that’s the car I want more than any other. 

I’d even be happy just to put one in the shop to work on...for now!

4 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Thanks!  We will do our best to do the car justice!

Can’t wait to see the mclaren photos. Mclaren is my dream car. I’m not sure I’ll ever get one, especially with all the family stuff going on right now though. But that’s the car I want more than any other. 

I’d even be happy just to put one in the shop to work on...for now!

Chase your dreams man!!! Don’t give up!! That’s what I’m doing right now I’m chasing my dream of becoming a police officer. I’m gonna be one soon I am not giving up

Edited by ObsessedDetailer

1 hour ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

Chase your dreams man!!! Don’t give up!! That’s what I’m doing right now I’m chasing my dream of becoming a police officer. I’m gonna be one soon I am not giving up

Thanks man!  I realized my dream of being a firefighter ten years ago. So I have that going for me. And for having a decent life for myself and my family.

A McLaren is the cost of another home...my daughter is on her way to college next year so we were done. Then DCF gave us my wife’s cousins four children...and we still don’t know if it’s permanent. They really shouldn’t go back. But with twenty years of my career left and a baby...it rewrites much of our future plans and goals. Might have to sacrifice the want for the greater good!

Maybe Detailed Reflections will continue its growth and it can be a business expense!  I’m not sure we will see the massive growth we had this year again next year though. We will see...

Here are some teasers after polishing.  So far the wheels and calipers are coated. Wheels reinstalled. Paint decontaminated and polished out. Tomorrow evening the first layer of coating is installed. 

Enjoy!

034308E9-E804-4D5E-A71C-D010BD0C600B.thumb.jpeg.36d41ba93f4ce9c071419935a9aad77a.jpeg

3C7922BE-EA9D-4B5B-9E95-CDA1A13C18AC.thumb.jpeg.4c928b81a98cfce07bdbfd957e0212b6.jpeg

AF40FAA7-6C66-44BC-AE69-ACFAE563F8DB.thumb.jpeg.042fbaf71d9e42d1815635d09c659fc6.jpeg

34C209FE-93B4-476D-B462-9A7EFFEE717F.thumb.jpeg.71367ba063d774c192efc4352e08313c.jpeg

Well, we were back at it again this weekend.  This time we had a Mazda 3 come in for our entry level coating.  This coating is most similar to Adam's in that it applies in a single layer and is topped with a spray.  It's actually rated at five years of durability with proper maintenance.  

We had a ton of work, so only grabbed a quick shot of it!

_DSC2404.thumb.jpg.eb645b837fa8298481fe6e379d621652.jpg

After that, we did some coating maintenance on a Volvo S60 R Design.  This coating is actually an Adam's coating we installed roughly a year ago.  He brings his vehicle to us every six months for maintenance.  

_DSC2415.thumb.jpg.08173c0a4e0e2ee80d25c29abfd33bd5.jpg_DSC2416.thumb.jpg.6be15d7d3b1fef56b2176da0514c54f7.jpg_DSC2417.thumb.jpg.7b9cb687787899275434839bd9a51a32.jpg_DSC2419.thumb.jpg.c8994f626cce75f62f005ecc38a54837.jpg_DSC2420.thumb.jpg.7798ba39743c28722cb9be4883635715.jpg_DSC2422.thumb.jpg.514f1aff3b12316b49baf98fad13f072.jpg

Edited by shane@detailedreflections

Then we were back at that Mustang GT350.  The wheels and calipers are coated, the paint polished out and there's the first coat of ceramic down on it.  Monday afternoon it's scheduled for it's final coats and then it'll be home on Tuesday._DSC2360.thumb.jpg.e6d5c5209520ad1183c6311bb5e6af53.jpg

_DSC2366.thumb.jpg.b90eec221e219e484199ee75ef2c38dc.jpg

_DSC2369.thumb.jpg.500541de8008f2de09f957b5aa80ffcf.jpg

_DSC2372.thumb.jpg.a888256c52d900244ba7da9e175d27ee.jpg

_DSC2373.thumb.jpg.376e06ed350320a938a9fe26c07a5cd6.jpg

_DSC2378.thumb.jpg.876541ba1765fc70f337ca17f557afd0.jpg

_DSC2390.thumb.jpg.a1335f2cf7f7256fc0a4c2a4c2f2a03e.jpg

_DSC2392.thumb.jpg.300da1ae55da392b080dfd3166e3a1f5.jpg

8 hours ago, 8675309'SS said:

Nice, Shane!  

I’ve noticed you are getting your photography dialed in. Great pics.

Thank you!  Working on it. Just picked up some new lenses so I’m trying new things. One of these days I’d like to dedicate some time to really learning photography...just need more time in the day!  

And now I have my eyes set on a long telephoto lens just because I want it!  Eventually I’ll cave in and order it. 

On 9/27/2018 at 3:43 PM, shane@detailedreflections said:

And then we had a Mercedes Benz S550 come in for our flagship coating. It turns out that the vehicle had been coated prior to the current owner receiving it. We presented the option to stick with what they had and save a bunch of money, or to have us strip it and reapply our coating. We couldn’t imagine not giving them the option once we realized it was coated, that idea didn’t sit right with me when trying to deal honestly with people. The client said to strip off what was on it and to reapply our coatings.

The coatings required us to use wool, a rotary and cutting compounds to strip before it was corrected out with correcting and finishing polishes. It was then prepped and coated in a nine year coating. 

The interior was also protected with a variety of dash, leather and fabric protective products and the windshield sealed up with a three year warranty product. 

These are the results of quite a few hours, a sizable bill and a whole lot of love!

How do you determine that it already has a coating? Does it have hydrophobic properties or is there some other indicator? 

30 minutes ago, Bscott94 said:

How do you determine that it already has a coating? Does it have hydrophobic properties or is there some other indicator? 

How the water reacts after being cleaned is the biggest indicator. And that it didn’t change once we started polishing with regular polishes. 

I reached out to a few companies with the VIN to try to see what coating it was, but had no luck finding it. It was definitely a decent product though. 

13 minutes ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

How the water reacts after being cleaned is the biggest indicator. And that it didn’t change once we started polishing with regular polishes. 

I reached out to a few companies with the VIN to try to see what coating it was, but had no luck finding it. It was definitely a decent product though. 

That makes sense. It needs to be added to the carfax or something haha. Do you or others add some kind of indicator like a badge or something to the door jamb or somewhere? 

5 minutes ago, Bscott94 said:

That makes sense. It needs to be added to the carfax or something haha. Do you or others add some kind of indicator like a badge or something to the door jamb or somewhere? 

Some do. Some don’t. Opti-coat I believe has a tie to carfax actually. 

And there are decals that can be applied. We typically don’t apply them since most clients don’t care for how they appear. The ones we use are for the inside of the window. A door jamb would be a way better system. 

I take the decal with the warranty number and staple it to the clients paperwork. 

6 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Thank you!  Working on it. Just picked up some new lenses so I’m trying new things. One of these days I’d like to dedicate some time to really learning photography...just need more time in the day!  

And now I have my eyes set on a long telephoto lens just because I want it!  Eventually I’ll cave in and order it. 

What lenses did you get? im looking for one right now.. im looking at a fixed 50mm prime. but i would love some help 

29 minutes ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

What lenses did you get? im looking for one right now.. im looking at a fixed 50mm prime. but i would love some help 

You ask a question that needs some backstory. So here we go. 

I had a Nikon D80 that was ten or twelve years old. I had a few lenses for it. I had the 18-55 kit lens, a 50 1.8 and a 70-300 4-5.6. So the only great lens in that bunch was the 50 prime. 

Last year I upgraded to a Nikon D750 full frame camera. That camera came with the 24-120 lens. It’s not a bad lens. I could use the old lenses on the new camera, but since they are dx lenses, it would have a crop factor to it and changes the effective focal length on the full frame camera. 

So I decided I wanted to start shooting again for the business and for fun. I ended up ordering the following all in full frame:

35mm 1.8 (Nikon)

50mm 1.8 (Nikon)

85mm 1.8 (Nikon)

105mm 2.8 macro (sigma)

70-200mm 2.8 (sigma)

The next lens I want is a sigma 150-600mm f5-6.3 for wildlife and outdoor work. I’m on the fence on ordering it. But it also means I would have spent a ton of money in the last week on lenses!

The photos you see were taken with the 35, 85 and 24-120. 

And if anyone is interested I still have that D80 and those lenses. The 18-55 still works, it just doesn’t auto focus. The others are in great shape. 

25 minutes ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

You ask a question that needs some backstory. So here we go. 

I had a Nikon D80 that was ten or twelve years old. I had a few lenses for it. I had the 18-55 kit lens, a 50 1.8 and a 70-300 4-5.6. So the only great lens in that bunch was the 50 prime. 

Last year I upgraded to a Nikon D750 full frame camera. That camera came with the 24-120 lens. It’s not a bad lens. I could use the old lenses on the new camera, but since they are dx lenses, it would have a crop factor to it and changes the effective focal length on the full frame camera. 

So I decided I wanted to start shooting again for the business and for fun. I ended up ordering the following all in full frame:

35mm 1.8 (Nikon)

50mm 1.8 (Nikon)

85mm 1.8 (Nikon)

105mm 2.8 macro (sigma)

70-200mm 2.8 (sigma)

The next lens I want is a sigma 150-600mm f5-6.3 for wildlife and outdoor work. I’m on the fence on ordering it. But it also means I would have spent a ton of money in the last week on lenses!

The photos you see were taken with the 35, 85 and 24-120. 

And if anyone is interested I still have that D80 and those lenses. The 18-55 still works, it just doesn’t auto focus. The others are in great shape. 

Thats awesome!! Haha. So I try to do automotive photography as much as I can. im going to NYC December and would love to shoot the Rockefeller Christmas tree, the streets. i want a lens that would be good for both. any recommendations?? The only lens I have is the 28-70 which isnt bad but i need options. If black friday comes along and brings some good deals on lenses then maybe ill get 2 but if you could recommend 2 or 3 lenses that would be FANTASTIC. Thank you Shane!!

1 hour ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

Thats awesome!! Haha. So I try to do automotive photography as much as I can. im going to NYC December and would love to shoot the Rockefeller Christmas tree, the streets. i want a lens that would be good for both. any recommendations?? The only lens I have is the 28-70 which isnt bad but i need options. If black friday comes along and brings some good deals on lenses then maybe ill get 2 but if you could recommend 2 or 3 lenses that would be FANTASTIC. Thank you Shane!!

It really depends on what your goals are, and I’m no expert so take that into consideration.  I keep shooting until I think have something I think I can work with. 

The 35 is a great lens that sees almost what your eye sees. It works well for landscapes and general all around shooting. You just have to zoom with your feet. The 50 and 85 are great detail lenses or for portraits. 

The 24-120 kit lens actually works pretty well since it’s versatile. That makes it a good “walk around” lens. The others are too heavy really for a lot of things. They have their purposes and that’s that. 

If I had to pick two, I’d go with a general zoom like you have, or the 24-120. And then a decent 70-200 or 70-300. Good glass is expensive though. 

My primes are all 1.8 so they work in a variety of light and conditions and can vary the depth of field easily. 

There is still so much to learn. And so much I want. I have an order sitting in my B&H cart now just under $2k. Not sure I’ll place it. It’s that 150-600, ring flash, polarizers, etc. Always new gear and things to tempt me. 

3 minutes ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

It really depends on what your goals are, and I’m no expert so take that into consideration.  I keep shooting until I think have something I think I can work with. 

The 35 is a great lens that sees almost what your eye sees. It works well for landscapes and general all around shooting. You just have to zoom with your feet. The 50 and 85 are great detail lenses or for portraits. 

The 24-120 kit lens actually works pretty well since it’s versatile. That makes it a good “walk around” lens. The others are too heavy really for a lot of things. They have their purposes and that’s that. 

If I had to pick two, I’d go with a general zoom like you have, or the 24-120. And then a decent 70-200 or 70-300. Good glass is expensive though. 

My primes are all 1.8 so they work in a variety of light and conditions and can vary the depth of field easily. 

There is still so much to learn. And so much I want. I have an order sitting in my B&H cart now just under $2k. Not sure I’ll place it. It’s that 150-600, ring flash, polarizers, etc. Always new gear and things to tempt me. 

Thanks for the advice! What did you shoot the GT350 with? I know man I look at stuff all the time at best buy, mikes camera,  B&H and its just so expensive