Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic boost - Other uses?

tj59510

Question

Hey guys-

I just got a bottle of ceramic boost in my MB buy. I haven't got any ceramic coating or even any LPS on my cars. Basically just been using H2OGG. Are there any other uses for the ceramic boost or should I be looking to just trade it?

Thanks!

10 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

It can be used as a standalone sealant, offering several months protection. Just beware it's not meant to be used on glass, unlike (my preference of the two) HGG.

So if I was to use it in place of the HGG, I see it's a typical dry application: spray, wipe, wipe. Where does it stand compared to LPS? I'm assuming it would be preferable to layer on top of the LPS, once I eventually go that route?

Be aware that if you use too much Ceramic Boost, it will be difficult to get it streak free. 

G&G is the easier to use choice. We only use ceramic boost on vehicles that are coated. There’s plenty of products available for non coated vehicles that offer easier use with similar results on non coated vehicles. 

44 minutes ago, Dkhazlett said:

I got a bottle of ceramic boost in my last MB too.  Neither of my vehicles are coated either - LPS, brilliant glaze and G&G every three washes.  I’m also not sure what to do with it and may trade it away.  

Hey David, when you reach 50 posts on the forum,  you'll be able to post in the Garage Sale section.  Hit me up when you get there, I'll swap you for your bottle of CB;)

3 hours ago, tj59510 said:

So if I was to use it in place of the HGG, I see it's a typical dry application: spray, wipe, wipe. Where does it stand compared to LPS? I'm assuming it would be preferable to layer on top of the LPS, once I eventually go that route?

Yes, the Boost is a dry application product. For comparison, the Ceramic Boost is a silica-based product. PS is an acrylic polymer (HGG is also an acrylic product). Compared to PS, Ceramic Boost will not last near as long. Think several months, max, for the boost, compared to at least 6 months for PS. So yes, first apply PS as the base, then you can use the Boost as a maintenance product, if you so choose. 

13 hours ago, ZMAN024 said:

Hey David, when you reach 50 posts on the forum,  you'll be able to post in the Garage Sale section.  Hit me up when you get there, I'll swap you for your bottle of CB;)

ZMAN, if I ever hit 50 I may hit you up for a trade, too. Not sure if I'll ever go for coating my car unless I buy a brand new DD off the lot.

13 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Yes, the Boost is a dry application product. For comparison, the Ceramic Boost is a silica-based product. PS is an acrylic polymer (HGG is also an acrylic product). Compared to PS, Ceramic Boost will not last near as long. Think several months, max, for the boost, compared to at least 6 months for PS. So yes, first apply PS as the base, then you can use the Boost as a maintenance product, if you so choose. 

Thanks for the info. Love being able to get real advice on how to use these products!