Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official Beading Photo Thread

bigred vette

Question

Huh? Care to explain?

Sheeting vs beading really seems to depend more on how the water is applied - my paint beads beautifully as I'm sure all of ours does in the rain, but when flood rinsed after a wash the water will sheet away nicely. I can't imagine why you would want a hydrophilic surface such that it causes rain to lay flat and sheet on your car.

I dunno how I missed this but I'll jump in because a similar conversation is taking place on another detailing forum. 

Beading creates an environment for water spots. 

Water beads. If it isn't removed from the car, it makes a water spot. I could go out in my garage and show you this from an inadverant experiment. the pollen here has been RIDICULOUS this week. I pool rinsed the car last night and had all intentions of doing a waterless but the night got away from me and it just didn't happen. So this morning, I go outside and it looks like it rained on my car in my garage. A full bath is now in order. 

Another producer of car detailing products has specifically formulated one of their waxes to NOT bead to mitigate water spots. 

3-4 weeks after i applied the paint sealant:

2cfb0yf.jpg

The water just runs down the car, after going on the highway and plus it was still raining, i would just see the water fly off the car, without leaving any run spots or anything, absolutely amazing!

Edited by RoamPT