Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ultra Plush drying towel question

Eric Jones

Question

Looking to pick up a few new drying towels.  The towels I was planning on getting are out of stock and not going to be back in stock for a couple of months.  Looking hat the Adams Ultra Plush drying towel and have a couple of questions.  The pictures seem to indicate that there are two very different sides to this towel.  The one side looks like it has no length to the fibers.  Are you able to use both sides on this towel?  Any other towel suggestions would be appreciated.  for the last 10 years I have been using waffle weave towels to dry and they were the best there was years ago, I am assuming there are better now.  

Eric

19 answers to this question

I have a couple great white towels and a few of the ultra plush. The ultra plush really do a good job of soaking up the water.  The towel indeed does have two sides. I use whatever side I happen to flip over but try to use the shorter fiber side. 

I’m using them at my detail shop mostly on black cars.

I didn’t have any problems with either side getting it completely dry. I used both sides as I dried just randomly flipping it around/ over as I went.

Edited by FrozenWS6

The thin side should face the surface. I know it works both ways, but direct from Adam's product website, "Carefully fold the towel in half or in quarters with the thin side facing the surface." It's demoed the same way in the video below.

I used to use the Great White, too. Not anymore. Get it. Don't look back. Its an AWESOME towel.

The towel is far too large to be worried about which side you’re using. With the exception of the room and hood, I usually just have the towel bunched up in my hands and whichever side is touching the paint is the side I’m using. 

I can dry my entire 4Runner after a pool rinse with a single towel. Best dry towel I’ve ever had.

I used the ultra plush drying towel for the first time this past weekend on my mother in law's nissan murano.  I did not read the product details first and having also used and loved the griots pfm drying towel it seemed like the adams one was the same but only 1 side having the loops.  That being said, I used almost exclusively the more "plush" side for the long drags on the water (the suv had no protection on it) and can say that i dried the entire vehicle with just this one towel and no streaking.  It was pretty cold out (for my area) around high 40's to low 50's id say so there was little to no evaporation.  I'd have to place the ultra plush and griots pfm on even footing after that test as I've only used the griots on my wife's mazda 6 but it blew through it like a champ.  Having now read to use the "thinner" side I'm eager to try it on my wife's car next and see what I think.

To the OP, I haven't used Adams great white towel but have used the rag company dry me a river which i would assume would be similar and i can guarantee you that the ultra plush will far surpass both.  If you have a large vehicle or multiple vehicles you can't go wrong with the 2 pack and save 10 bucks on their site.  

Interestingly enough and contrary to the official Adams video posted above, their latest Instagram video has them using the longer nap side on the car. 

Just a a reminder that there’s many ways to do the same job, and the videos aren’t gospel.

On 3/27/2018 at 11:49 AM, rondre said:

I used the ultra plush drying towel for the first time this past weekend on my mother in law's nissan murano.  I did not read the product details first and having also used and loved the griots pfm drying towel it seemed like the adams one was the same but only 1 side having the loops.  That being said, I used almost exclusively the more "plush" side for the long drags on the water (the suv had no protection on it) and can say that i dried the entire vehicle with just this one towel and no streaking.  It was pretty cold out (for my area) around high 40's to low 50's id say so there was little to no evaporation.  I'd have to place the ultra plush and griots pfm on even footing after that test as I've only used the griots on my wife's mazda 6 but it blew through it like a champ.  Having now read to use the "thinner" side I'm eager to try it on my wife's car next and see what I think.

To the OP, I haven't used Adams great white towel but have used the rag company dry me a river which i would assume would be similar and i can guarantee you that the ultra plush will far surpass both.  If you have a large vehicle or multiple vehicles you can't go wrong with the 2 pack and save 10 bucks on their site.  

I also have the dry me a river towel, and it doesnt come close to adams ultra plush towel. Its more similar to the great white drying towel and i cant stand any waffle weave towels. I use those to clean and condition my boots now. 

As far as which side to use, It honestly doesnt make a difference. After hours of careful testing and observation, they both dry the same.

1 hour ago, Mariner said:

Interestingly enough and contrary to the official Adams video posted above, their latest Instagram video has them using the longer nap side on the car. 

Just a a reminder that there’s many ways to do the same job, and the videos aren’t gospel.

28 minutes ago, Chonke said:

I also have the dry me a river towel, and it doesnt come close to adams ultra plush towel. Its more similar to the great white drying towel and i cant stand any waffle weave towels. I use those to clean and condition my boots now. 

As far as which side to use, It honestly doesnt make a difference. After hours of careful testing and observation, they both dry the same.

Fair enough. I use mine with the short side down, knowing it works the other way, too. I figure the way Adam demos it has more to do with possible streaking vs drying performance, but my white car doesn't allow me to compare. Either way, so long as you're happy with how it does, that's really all the matters.

I used my UP drying towel last week on my black 2017 Honda CRV and it worked great! Picked up way more water than I expected. I did use detail spray as I went along which helped the water run off. Used one towel but did go over with a double soft for the areas that were dripping such as the tailgate, door seals, and mirrors. Yet another great product!!

Edit: Oh and I did use the non-looped side. 

Edited by tomsch63

2 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Why, Rich?

I don't like knowing that there could possibly still be some dirt in the towel that I might have missed washing the car, or picked up around the wheel wells, or even maybe it dragged an edge on the ground.  Or even some product that I might have missed.  I prefer starting each car with a clean towel.  It's my preference.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

I don't like knowing that there could possibly still be some dirt in the towel that I might have missed washing the car, or picked up around the wheel wells, or even maybe it dragged an edge on the ground.  Or even some product that I might have missed.  I prefer starting each car with a clean towel.  It's my preference.

Makes sense. Thanks! 

The only time you should be worried about using this towel is when you are close to emblems. If you use the plush side a emblem will snag your towel and then you be upset because you’ll have a snag in your towel. Other that easy to use