Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to get rid of the brown?

rondre

Question

Newish to the forums and couldn't find anything on this specifically so I apologize if this has been talked about.  I've got a new (to me) truck with relatively new large tires and I cannot get the brown off the tires for the life of me.  I've tried multiple products including a few all purpose cleaners (Adams (non-eco), Super Clean and Optimum Power clean) and all will remove some gunk but the tire's still brown.  I bit the bullet and bought the new tire and rubber cleaner by Adams and holy smokes do I get a ton of gunk coming off and much faster, however, I cannot get the brown off the part of the tire near the rim and some other spots near the treads.  I've literally gone over the tires 5+ times with the T&R cleaner and each time it's mostly white but brown in those areas and not coming off.  Tried letting the product sit for up to a minute, tried pre-wetting and not wetting, seems I've exhausted differen tricks to get rid of it but not working. 

So question is - can I get rid of that or is this something related to the blooming that you just can't get rid of and if the latter how do i know when the tire is clean enough to apply tire shine to?  Thanks in advance!

11 answers to this question

Tire and Rubber Cleaner and the Adam's tire brush. Work like a charm! Or is that the combo you're already using? Some tires do bloom more than others.

You can apply the TS to it even with the brown spots, so no real worries there.

Edited by falcaineer

Thanks - I guess my tires are just blooming non-stop in certain parts.  I am using the Adams Tire & Rubber Cleaner (just got a gallon of it as I'm impressed with it) and the adams tire brush which totally kicks the snot out of the pos pep boys one i was using.  I can say that when I first saw it I was not impressed as the handle looked slightly mangled but when using it I realized that was for excellent grip when wet.  After the first few bristles fell out I've had little fall out since and it's pretty awesome.

I'll just keep doing multiple passes with the tire and rubber cleaner for the next few washes and hopefully the blooming will stop so I don't blow through that gallon lol.  Will be updating the mystery box thread in a minute, got some good stuff.

I have the same issue, except my whole tire is still brown. I have used the T&R cleanser and fender brush over and over and it’s still brown and blotchy after it dries. I feel like APC worked better. 

What am I doing wrong? 

6 minutes ago, MRF0730 said:

I have the same issue, except my whole tire is still brown. I have used the T&R cleanser and fender brush over and over and it’s still brown and blotchy after it dries. I feel like APC worked better. 

What am I doing wrong? 

Consider the tire brush instead. Stiffer bristles and it creates better suds/agitation. Then use TS or VRT to dress them up.

14 hours ago, LSX Maestro said:

What tires are you having issues with? That's more than likely the root of your problem, not the TRC/Brushes/Methods of using. 

Not sure if this was directed at me or not but i've got toyo open country at - haven't washed truck in a while as rain on and off and taking care of wifes car first - hoping in a couple weeks to get back at it.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:30 PM, rondre said:

Newish to the forums and couldn't find anything on this specifically so I apologize if this has been talked about.  I've got a new (to me) truck with relatively new large tires and I cannot get the brown off the tires for the life of me.  I've tried multiple products including a few all purpose cleaners (Adams (non-eco), Super Clean and Optimum Power clean) and all will remove some gunk but the tire's still brown.  I bit the bullet and bought the new tire and rubber cleaner by Adams and holy smokes do I get a ton of gunk coming off and much faster, however, I cannot get the brown off the part of the tire near the rim and some other spots near the treads.  I've literally gone over the tires 5+ times with the T&R cleaner and each time it's mostly white but brown in those areas and not coming off.  Tried letting the product sit for up to a minute, tried pre-wetting and not wetting, seems I've exhausted differen tricks to get rid of it but not working. 

So question is - can I get rid of that or is this something related to the blooming that you just can't get rid of and if the latter how do i know when the tire is clean enough to apply tire shine to?  Thanks in advance!

Here you go......& Welcome to our forum!

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/wheels-tires/adam-s-tire-rubber-cleaner.html