Customer Service 866.965.0400

Inside of Windshield

catman600

Question

24 answers to this question

If the haze is especially bad I go after it with glass cleaner and a towel and I'm not shy about the amount. That brings up all of the 'gunk', then i dry it with another towel, BG, then a single or double soft. Take about 5 mins to do the windshield and it looks perfect afterwards. I do this for all the windows, skipping the glass cleaner if they aren't terrible.

3 hours ago, galaxy said:

OMG ( and for the record, I darn near never, and I mean NEVER, use the term OMG)...whoever came up with the idea to use BG on the inside of glass, I will buy you a plane ticket to my house so I can give you a big fat hug!  A-Mazing.  That is all....A-Mazing.  

All I know is I asked the question in November 2016, and 3 months later, Adam released the video above. Coincidence?! So, when do Adam and I fly out to visit? :grouphug: :lolsmack:

A little update to my experience from glazing the inside glass a few months back. I don’t know if it would be attributed to being a brand new car, and thus the dash and interior offgas more, but turns out the glaze didn’t slow roll my film build up as much as expected.  Maybe not a completely fair comparison as I didn’t wait too long from new to glaze it, so I don’t know how it would have been if I hadn’t glazed it. Either way, my update is this....regardless of completely or somewhat eliminating haze/film buildup, the glaze 100% eliminates the need for any cleaning product when cleaning inside is required.  One pass with a microfiber and it’s back to spotless. Either way, this still remains a ‘must do’ if you haven’t done it yet. 

2 hours ago, galaxy said:

How often are you guys reapplying?  Anyone doing the exterior glass as well? 

I have the outside sealed, so when I notice either the inside or outside needing to be touched up, I do them both.  The outside with Boost, if it is still beading, and the inside with BG.  I have found the habit of doing both at the same time gives me the clearest possible view.   If the outside isn't beading, then I clean and reapply sealant which is between 3-6 months according to which vehicle and the weather. 

1 hour ago, DanITD said:

Interesting. 

Wouldnt have thought of this. Got some BG in a MB awhile back. Time to give it a shot. 

It works great!! Just tried it for the first time last weekend and what difference it makes. 

I use that sh** on everything.  But seriously, all inside glass in the house and cars.  Mirrors in the house and bathrooms, outside of fish tank and fronts of picture frames that are glass.  Glass table tops etc. Oh and also on light globes on the ceiling fans!  

I Always have 2 bottles on hand!

I do feel like i need to apply more often on my newer truck compared to older vehicles, but thats ok, its a new car and the off gassing smells great! ??‍♂️