Customer Service 866.965.0400

Steamer

Mbrazelton

Question

8 answers to this question

I’m a big pusher of cleaning with steam. We do seats, carpets, door panels, wheels, etc with one. 

The McCoulluch MC1385 is going to be your machine. New they’re about $200 and work really well in a variety of ways. 

After that you move up to more professional grade equipment which runs from $700-2000+. Our new steamer was $1760. For our use it’s a worthwhile investment. For home/personal use, the MC1385 is the way to go. 

Edited by shane@detailedreflections

Another amazing tool Shane has helped me discover recently for carpets as well is the tornador tool. It is powered by compressed air so that is another tool needed, an air compressor. The tornador tool pulled dirt out of my carpets that had been there for years. It creates a controlled tornado if you will. 

https://www.detailedimage.com/Tornador-M84/Black-Cleaning-Tool-Z-020-P1109/

The steamer Shane references above will be another tool I purchase at some point as well. 

I have a McCulloch 1275.   I got it on Amazon Warehouse deals for I think around $115.  I think they're normally $149.  The big difference between it and the 1385 is the 1385 has an extra 10lbs of PSI, and a much larger tank.  you get a few more accessories with the 1385, also.   I flip flopped between the 1275, the 1375 and the 1385.   the 1375 has the same PSI as the 1385, but with a smaller tank

for my uses as a hobbyist/non professional, the 1275 is nice.   I get about a minute per oz of water (it holds 48oz).

Look at Amazon warehouse deals if you decide to go with a McCulloch.   In fact, i'm cleaning my kitchen floor today with the 1275!  

42 minutes ago, Ls1transam said:

I want one pretty bad. But that would dip into my Ibrid Nano fund so lol. The steamer has to wait.

The nano is such a great little tool. You’ll be happy with that purchase when you make it. We have a short neck since it’s easier to control. I keep toying with a long neck as well to round it out and get some extra reach. 

1 hour ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

The nano is such a great little tool. You’ll be happy with that purchase when you make it. We have a short neck since it’s easier to control. I keep toying with a long neck as well to round it out and get some extra reach. 

Been trying to decide on a short neck or long.

28 minutes ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Dylan at Rupes (formerly of Adams) was the guidiance in my decision for the reason I mentioned above if that helps you decide at all. 

Helps a lot. I was leaning towards the short neck anyway. Decision made!