Customer Service 866.965.0400

Newbie from MD

Fairly new at detailing, I tried my hand a few years ago, but my health got bad and I had to stop for several years. I just bought another vehicle, a black 2014 Cadillac SRX, and I really want to take good care of it. So I'm going to try to get back into it. I'm an old guy, and not as mobile or flexible as I was, but I can still do the job... eventually. lol

Welcome to the forum Brian.  You'll find that Adam's products are great. I'm 71 so I feel your pain.  Here's some "old guy" advice.  Grab some Revive and some Brilliant Glaze to start (hand polishing).  The Porter Cable polisher is super hard on my shoulders and elbows so I switched to the Swirl Killer and it's 100% better.  All the products for machine polishing are super easy on and off.  I found the Merino Wool wash mitt was too heavy for me, so if you have shoulder problems, give the Red Wash Mitt or the Wash Wedge a go.  All of the paste waxes (Americana, Patriot, Ceramic) are super easy to use.  Great protection and durability.

Take some time and watch the videos.  Figure out which products you'll use the most and try them out.  If you buy some and decide you maybe made the wrong choice for you, you can trade them in the Garage Sale Forum (no selling of Adam's chemical products) for something else that you'd like to try. 

We're a friendly group here. If you have questions, ask away. Again.........Welcome. :welcomebanner:

I have a Porter Cable polisher already, but I haven't used it in 10 years. I was considering reviving it to use again. I know it still works great. But I hadn't considered the pain in the shoulders. Maybe I'll try it to see how bad it is.

Welcome to the group, Brian.  :welcomebanner:

Glad to have you here.  Like Rich mentioned above, feel free to ask any questions you have, there's lots of great advice to be had from this talented group.

Edited by ZMAN024

I started with Adams Polishes 10 years ago. I very much liked the product, but the issue was my ability to endure standing for so long. I have very bad knees and legs. 

I've been watching a ton of videos to catch back up. 

3 minutes ago, Cadillac Man said:

Thank you. I've had it for a week and a day now. :) 

you have definitely picked the best products to keep it looking good! Adam's offers some amazing stuff! 

3 hours ago, Cadillac Man said:

I started with Adams Polishes 10 years ago. I very much liked the product, but the issue was my ability to endure standing for so long. I have very bad knees and legs. 

I've been watching a ton of videos to catch back up. 

Welcome to the forum, thought this might interest you (and it's on sale)

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/specials/clearance/adam-s-anti-fatigue-mat.html

• 2 weeks later...

LOL.  I am a younger guy and the Porter Cable is a bit of a chore to use.  Switched to something bigger and a bit pricier recently, but the difference is night and day.  A lot less of a chore to use and a lot quicker to use as well.

Depending on what I am doing I will use a shop stool with wheels to sit on and work on things, just scoot around that way.  Just depends on the task at hand.