Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless Wash Question

rondre

Question

Got my Adams Rinseless wash a couple weeks ago.  Made a bucket out of it and threw some towels in - works great.  But there's tons left in the bucket and guessing it'll be several more weeks before it's all used up.  Thought I read a post about it only being good for a week or 2 but not sure this makes sense to me.  I used distilled water in a clean bucket and don't double dip the towels so not seeing how any contaminants could affect it.  Can anyone chime in from experience on how long the solution will remain good?  It's still the same blue as before and kept in a gamma sealed bucket in the garage.  Thanks in advance!

12 answers to this question

I've gone several weeks without any problem whatsoever.

I typically save mine until I need another rinseless wash and re-evaluate then. If I open it up and it has too many "floaties" I will dump it and make a new batch.  It's great to have the left-over available for quick touchups between washes.

2 minutes ago, Beemer said:

I've gone several weeks without any problem whatsoever.

I typically save mine until I need another rinseless wash and re-evaluate then. If I open it up and it has too many "floaties" I will dump it and make a new batch.  It's great to have the left-over available for quick touchups between washes.

What do you mean by "floaties"?

26 minutes ago, rondre said:

What do you mean by "floaties"?

You'll know them when you see them. Any dirt that gets into the Rinseless Wash bucket will "glob up" on the surface after a couple of weeks.  It's pretty easy to blot it up with a towel and remove it before using the solution but if it's too much I just toss it out and start fresh.

I havent tried RW yet.  ??? so u guys make a bucket of it and use it for few light washes??  How many ounces do u guys recomend?   Snow is forcasted twice this upcoming week so i have nothing but timE to figure it out.  

I used 2 oz to 2.5 gallons - because I didn't realize that the larger distilled container wasn't a 3 gallon container lol - def not gonna hurt having a little extra.

I will say that my truck was suuuper dirty and the rinseless cleaned it easy.  There was probably 3+ weeks of road sludge kicked up on the sides of it as my tires stick out past the fenders (you can kind of see in my profile pic).  I tried pre-spraying with WW first and without and honestly didn't notice much difference so saved the rest of the WW for it's intended use, will probably make a slightly thicker rw solution in a bottle to pre-spray in the future.  There were some occassions where i had to do another swipe but never once did i feel the towel grab.

I can't speak as to marring from this as my truck already has swirls (only had it since December) so will need to correct those first but given the slickness of the rw and the feeling of the paint afterwards I'd feel pretty confident in using it for a pretty dirty vehicle.

Here's what one of my 5 rags looked like before going into the wash (rest looked pretty identical, didn't try to pick out the dirtiest one just grabbed the last one before throwing it in the washer)

IMG_20180403_201747.thumb.jpg.e88fac25f97622b8d7d59f26f35d47ba.jpg

I've kept it for several weeks in a gamma sealed bucket, in the garage, also without issue. Usually get a few washes on one bucket. Beemer's right - you'll know the "floaties" when you see them...they look like little floating blobs of RW, a little darker in color. I tried to take a picture but they're difficult to see and didn't post, sorry.

4 hours ago, tlbullet said:

I havent tried RW yet.  ??? so u guys make a bucket of it and use it for few light washes??  How many ounces do u guys recomend?   Snow is forcasted twice this upcoming week so i have nothing but timE to figure it out.  

I use 2 oz with 3-4g of water. Since you mention snow in the forecast, I will caution you - RW is not meant for the caked on stuff. Your towels will pick up all the dirt/grime, so you run a higher risk of scratches or swirls unless the bad stuff is knocked off. So I highly recommend you swing by a coin-op and spray off the big stuff, then head home and clean the rest with RW.

When you're ready, here's the video on proper method:

2 hours ago, falcaineer said:

I've kept it for several weeks in a gamma sealed bucket, in the garage, also without issue. Usually get a few washes on one bucket. Beemer's right - you'll know the "floaties" when you see them...they look like little floating blobs of RW, a little darker in color. I tried to take a picture but they're difficult to see and didn't post, sorry.

I use 2 oz with 3-4g of water. Since you mention snow in the forecast, I will caution you - RW is not meant for the caked on stuff. Your towels will pick up all the dirt/grime, so you run a higher risk of scratches or swirls unless the bad stuff is knocked off. So I highly recommend you swing by a coin-op and spray off the big stuff, then head home and clean the rest with RW.

When you're ready, here's the video on proper method:

Thanks for the help!! I definatley wasnt going to remove the salt with the RW..just complaining that i still have to wait few more weeks

until roads are salt free.  But look forward to adding RW to my arsenal!

If you're planning on saving the RW solution for use at a later date, using distilled water is a great idea, and helps preserve the integrity of the solution.

Even if you don't re-dip used towels (introducing dirt) the polymers in the RW will collect the dissolved minerals in tap water, resulting in the floaties, or a ring around the bucket.

While these can be removed at the next use, it is essentially removing the useful polymers in the RW solution that encapsulate the dirt when washing.  Removing too much of the polymers fron the solution makes the next wash less effective (less safe).

30 minutes ago, TheWolf said:

If you're planning on saving the RW solution for use at a later date, using distilled water is a great idea, and helps preserve the integrity of the solution.

Even if you don't re-dip used towels (introducing dirt) the polymers in the RW will collect the dissolved minerals in tap water, resulting in the floaties, or a ring around the bucket.

While these can be removed at the next use, it is essentially removing the useful polymers in the RW solution that encapsulate the dirt when washing.  Removing too much of the polymers fron the solution makes the next wash less effective (less safe).

So am I correct in assuming that using distilled water should negate this (or 99.xx% of it)?  Assuming no floaties stealing polymers, do they expire on their own after a period of time?  Just curious if I have solution left for say a month or 2 am I taking chances or will it be fine long as it looks the same (not expecting just getting ducks in a row).

26 minutes ago, rondre said:

So am I correct in assuming that using distilled water should negate this (or 99.xx% of it)?  Assuming no floaties stealing polymers, do they expire on their own after a period of time?  Just curious if I have solution left for say a month or 2 am I taking chances or will it be fine long as it looks the same (not expecting just getting ducks in a row).

It won't completely negate it, but it will definately help prolong it.

Like Beemer said above, the appearance of it will let you know when it is time to start fresh.