Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to forum from New England

Jgoody

Hey all, been out of the detailing world for a while but just picked up a new to me silverado so got the itch again. I had heard great things about Adam's and got myself the daily driver kit along with some liquid paint sealant and a few other goodies. Did a detail over the weekend:

-Washed wheels and wheel wells with third bucket

-foam gunned and washed with car shampoo

-pulled into garage and clayed with detail spray

-washed again with shampoo

-dried and applied VRT to trim

-applied paint sealant

I plan to follow up with h20 G&G next wash

I do have a couple questions. I didn't realize detail spray had wax and I didn't strip wash before PS. Is this going to be an issue?

Second I noticed a small chip on one of my chrome wheels. What's the best way to prevent this from spreading? My last truck had polished aluminum wheels and once the clear coat chipped it spread like cancer. I don't want the same thing to happen with the new truck. They are real chrome, not clear coated or chrome clad. They have a layer of PS on them currently. Will this trap in moisture and make it worse?

Sorry for the long first post. Here are a few pics of the results for your patience!

20180407_191525.jpg

20180407_185635.jpg

20180407_185646.jpg

Welcome to the forum.  You have a pretty sweet looking truck.  The tiny amount of trace wax in the detail spray won’t affect the longevity of your sealant.  It will bond just fine to it.  

As for the chip in your wheels, it depends on where it is and how deep it is.  If it’s not all the way through the clear coat, you should be okay.  If it is, your only options are to get the wheel replated or you can try some wheel coating on it as a more permanent sealant for the wheels.  Even that isn’t an absolute solution.  

Lastly, I see you’re from New England.  We are located in Connecticut if you ever have questions or need help.  In fact, we are hosting a clinic on April 28th that may be of interest depending on proximity to you.  We do have an attendee and his son (ZMAN024) coming up from NJ for it.  It’s a small format event at no charge.  We will cover everything from basic maintenance to more paint corrections and such.  If you’re interested in attending, please feel to reach out and let me know.

Enjoy your stay!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Thanks for the invite Shane. I am in NH but have some friends in CT so end up down that way quite a bit. Unfortunately I can't make it that weekend.

Now that I've looked closer at the wheel, it seems more like pitting from the aluminum under the chrome than a chip. There's several other spots as well that are actually raised bumps on the chrome, all of then on the inside surface of the spokes. I'll see if GM will do anything under warranty. I can only imagine it will get worse as it sees more NH winters.