Customer Service 866.965.0400

2 minutes ago, funkymonkey1111 said:

So some guy that works at adam's in the marketing department sells clothes, but on the side and in some unknown interval, markets detailing products, which are then sold through a competitor's site (adam's)?  

and these detailing products (which apparently don't even have names), who only a few people have heard of, (because I assure you they are not on any forum or FB group anywhere) sell out in minutes?  

If a handful of people don't buy it all right away, they can't turn around and put it on eBay for big $$$ to sell to all the other hypebeasts ?

5 minutes ago, zw470 said:

If a handful of people don't buy it all right away, they can't turn around and put it on eBay for big $$$ to sell to all the other hypebeasts ?

I see it now---all the marketing prior to release had three bottles with different colored labels which didn't identify what they were.   now, the page listing identifies these are the same products with an "untamed scent."   So, they're for people that buy something for a scent.

Much like chemical guys, garry dean, and some others, it seems like a good way to confuse your simple and straightforward product line.   I recall what I'll refer to as the "adam's philosophy" of products explained at a clinic at the old location--one product to do one thing.  very little overlap.  a simple name for the product so you could pick it up and understand what it is for.   "untamed" appears to not be in this vein.

"untamed" seems stupid.   But then what do I know?  

I'm not into the Untamed brand, either, but in fairness, each of the bottles does have the product name listed. And on the far right, looks like directions/description.

PicsArt_04-29-01_42_51.thumb.png.042a7e478ae235dcf9867f64058d6958.png

Edited by falcaineer

2 hours ago, zw470 said:

The labels don't say what the product does because it doesn't matter, it will never get used. It's just so people can post pictures of it on Instagram. 

Yes it does.  Look closer.

Just because you don’t understand or like something, doesn’t mean you should write it off as stupid. While it may not appeal to traditional or hardcore detailers, it does appeal to others. And the goal isn’t to continue appeasing one group of consumers. It’s to appease a group of consumers while also bringing in new ones as well. Without new consumers, a brand gets stale, old, and eventually dies. 

Except those "new consumers" are only here so their obscure clothing brand matches their even more obscure car detailing supplies, and they'll be outta here the minute it's time to move on to the next fad. Then you're left with a bunch of long-time, repeat customers you alienated to make a handful of extra sales to some clowns in ugly sweatshirts and skinny jeans.....

9 minutes ago, zw470 said:

Except those "new consumers" are only here so their obscure clothing brand matches their even more obscure car detailing supplies, and they'll be outta here the minute it's time to move on to the next fad. Then you're left with a bunch of long-time, repeat customers you alienated to make a handful of extra sales to some clowns in ugly sweatshirts and skinny jeans.....

3 hours ago, Mariner said:

I’ll just say what everyone is thinking. This limited release crap with obscure companies nobody cares about is so lame.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. It is unfortunate to see that Adams is turning into a company purely after the fads and profits. It absolutely is lame like Mariner said and Marty is exactly right, this is why I left Adams minus 1 or 2 products, for a company who isn’t just following the new hype and trying to make a clean profit. 

I know I sound like a broken record, but I’ve been asking along with many other forum member for Gallons of ON for those of us who use a lot of it. To this day NOTHING but claims of it being worked on and tabled to make happen. Yet all these colabs seem to just “roll off the tongue” in how easy they are to make happen. Just saying Adams is no where near the company it was when it won my interest, not even close.

I really don't see the point of it either IMO because Im not into whatever this fad is, but if they can sell it why not?   I think as long as their customer service and detailing products are great and evolving then do whatever they want.  Its not my bottle of beer though.  Im not paying $13+ shipping for a detail spray and $6 for a sticker!  If the new ventures takes away from the original part of the business than I would have a problem with that.  I haven't been on here much than I have in the last 8 or 9 years or bought as much as I used to so I can't really speak too much on that

Edited by JHL88

14 hours ago, JHL88 said:

I really don't see the point of it either IMO because Im not into whatever this fad is, but if they can sell it why not?   I think as long as their customer service and detailing products are great and evolving then do whatever they want.  Its not my bottle of beer though.  Im not paying $13+ shipping for a detail spray and $6 for a sticker!  If the new ventures takes away from the original part of the business than I would have a problem with that.  I haven't been on here much than I have in the last 8 or 9 years or bought as much as I used to so I can't really speak too much on that

To be fair, the Untamed items are the same price as the standard detail spray bottles, etc. I'm not a hype beast or know anything about untamed but limited edition items, such as the pumpkin and mint DS, appeal to me as an Adam's addict lol.

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. But if they didn’t try new things, you wouldn’t have Pumpkin Spice DS, UFS, or other stuff they try. And what some think are fads, can turn into long term success. But again, bashing a group of people or calling it stupid because you don’t like it or understand it, doesn’t help you or your ideas. Just makes you sound bitter. 

4 hours ago, BHarris23 said:

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. But if they didn’t try new things, you wouldn’t have Pumpkin Spice DS, UFS, or other stuff they try. And what some think are fads, can turn into long term success. But again, bashing a group of people or calling it stupid because you don’t like it or understand it, doesn’t help you or your ideas. Just makes you sound bitter. 

Oh don’t you worry, I didn’t buy it ?

Yeah, I'm sure the guys from Zubaz and JNCO thought their brands were gonna be around forever, too ?

Someone above pointed out that gallons of Odor Neutralizer still aren't available. That's an existing product that just needs to be put into a larger container than usual, and isn't available because of reasons? But they have all the time in the world to formulate different scents and colors for asinine "colabs"?

Guys, I have to say if there's a demand for a product the company would have to be crazy not to produce it...and obviously there was a demand here since the kits and individual bottles all sold out already. I'm not a huge fan of the untamed clothing line but I did purchase the all the Adam's untamed bottles and a sticker (would have got the kit but sold out before I hit the complete order button). I am an adams fan so I purchase the limited products just to have them on my shelf. As far as the ON gallons...maybe there's not a big enough demand? While I'm sure there will be sales, I can almost guarantee they won't sell out in 1 minute like the untamed did.... I personally love the anticipation of a limited release and the feeling of getting something special that isn't normally available. They're normal products are still there, great as ever, this is just something fun and changes things up a bit and breaks up monotony!  I'm all for it and can't wait to get my untamed goodies! I wonder what the untamed scent smells like?

Hello All,

I'm still learning my way here. I got hooked on Adams products ever since I made my order of tire care. It is expensive I should say it gets out of hand but the results are amazing. I spend over 300.00 in less then 8hrs in car product my wife said I was CRAZY :banana: I told her well our vehicles look amazing right she didn't say anything.  Well anyways I'm getting off topic. I didn't get the untamed kit but really didn't mine at all I order 4 bottles of untamed. My question would be why everyone get so upset of the kit. I think individual bottles was a better way to go. Who doesn't have microfibers on hand?  

Thanks for letting say my humble opinion. 

11 hours ago, JoeyD0831 said:

Haha but the black ones are cool!

Yes they are! Wish so bad I placed the order quick enough! I was placing other items in my cart so I guess I took a few seconds too long....wont happen again!

On 4/30/2018 at 6:49 PM, Boostedlude said:

Second on the ON gallon.  I called and was told it was being considered in a gallon size.  Guess we will see....

Not to be a pessimist but they have told me this multiple times with nothing coming from it. If they wanted to make it a gallon I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have already done so. Especially with the high number of requests for it.