Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel Cleaner that won't strip LSP

There is only one that I know of right now. I'd like to see more. Maybe its just me that wants to see more? I realize this is backwards of the chemicals typically used but something that would help losen grime but still require scrubbing. My barrels are typically a pain with out wheel cleaner but all cleaner strip the sealant. Anyway just a thought.

This is an interesting topic! I did not realize that the wheel cleaner was removing my sealant on the wheels. From now on I'll just use regular car wash as a wheel cleaner after I reapply LSP on the wheels. 

16 hours ago, tomsch63 said:

This is an interesting topic! I did not realize that the wheel cleaner was removing my sealant on the wheels. From now on I'll just use regular car wash as a wheel cleaner after I reapply LSP on the wheels. 

If you have Wash & Wax try that for cleaning 'maintained' wheels.  I keep some pre-mixed in a bottle with a foaming sprayer, and clean & protect at the same time!

I was hoping the new Eco-Wheel Cleaner would be a good solution to this problem. Currently, I only use WC and LPS on wheels before I mount the winter/summer wheels and just use the car shampoo and brushes in my normal wash routine. I'll brake down and use WC late into the summer if the brake dust isn't playing nice, but by then the salts have washed away and the wheels are about to be stored. Switching from stock Brembo pads to Project Mu also cut down on some dust and dust adhesion.