Customer Service 866.965.0400

Layering

Davepmo

Question

Hi all first time here and first time poster.quick question,. 

Im in Australia and just got

hold of some products here and loving them. 

Just experimenting with layering. At present I use a Sealent then Buttery Wax then detail spray when I wash my car. 

My question is should I use H20 or Brilliant Glaze after buttery Wax every coupe washes then detail spray?

thanks all!!

Edited by Davepmo

11 answers to this question

Its completely up to you.  I use BG very often,  it’s therapeutic, and very shiny!   Adam says it wont build up and can be used anytime.  

H2O, depending upon your climate and weather...use once a month...or...once every other month.  It adds an awesome shine as well as protects incredibly well.

5 hours ago, Davepmo said:

Hi all first time here and first time poster.quick question,. 

Im in Australia and just got

hold of some products here and loving them. 

Just experimenting with layering. At present I use a Sealent then Buttery Wax then detail spray when I wash my car. 

My question is should I use H20 or Brilliant Glaze after buttery Wax every coupe washes then detail spray?

thanks all!!

Next time try applying BG first then PS and top it with BW. Sure you can apply H2O after every 3 or 4 washes.

You don't want to apply the H20 every wash because it can build up.  Once every month (assuming you wash your ride at least once a week) is plenty.   I just use Revive (by hand) or Machine Polish, and then wax.  

What about topping with Ceramic Boost?

sealant, buttery wax then..... ceramic boost (then detail spray to clean up any drying streaks)???

not ceramic boost each time but every 3 or 4 months? 

I pretty much do that on a BLACK Chevy, no issues.  I use a different ‘top’ coat or LSP each month.  I’ve had no issues.  

They all have a little different shine to them in their own way.  

But I have never gotten cloudy or hazy.  And then every 6 months, strip, clay, polish and re start my obsession again...

4 hours ago, Nickfire20 said:

I pretty much do that on a BLACK Chevy, no issues.  I use a different ‘top’ coat or LSP each month.  I’ve had no issues.  

They all have a little different shine to them in their own way.  

But I have never gotten cloudy or hazy.  And then every 6 months, strip, clay, polish and re start my obsession again...

Thanks Nick what products do you use?

3 hours ago, Davepmo said:

Thanks Nick what products do you use?

I start with PS.  Give it an hour, then glaze,hour, buttery.  This is my once every six month regimen.

...then in between...

I basically do whenever or once a month alternate  GnG...Buttery...Cermaic Boost...Americana.

I also DS often and after washes for drying aide

I glaze often also, usually as therapy in the evening, i have in the past done this 4-5 times a week.  I dont as much these days but i can see doing it twice a week still.  Adam says there is no build up of it...and in Der Dave’s video he says it gets shinier with every application.

Summer time when its dusty I use Rinsless/diluted as waterless,  3,4,5 times a week and after that I always DS to shine her up.

Hope this helps, I known it's a lot, but I am little obsessed.

EDIT—- Last year I did PS on my wifes car then Colinite 845 over top.  Looked pretty good.  Her car is my experimental vehicle.  

Hers

2B8DF669-A031-4AB5-8647-5652440C4A48.jpeg

MINE

F80A379B-5E40-42AB-8DF3-DB1AE1CC6A87.jpeg

Edited by Nickfire20

3 hours ago, Nickfire20 said:

I start with PS.  Give it an hour, then glaze,hour, buttery.  This is my once every six month regimen.

...then in between...

I basically do whenever or once a month alternate  GnG...Buttery...Cermaic Boost...Americana.

I also DS often and after washes for drying aide

I glaze often also, usually as therapy in the evening, i have in the past done this 4-5 times a week.  I dont as much these days but i can see doing it twice a week still.  Adam says there is no build up of it...and in Der Dave’s video he says it gets shinier with every application.

Summer time when its dusty I use Rinsless/diluted as waterless,  3,4,5 times a week and after that I always DS to shine her up.

Hope this helps, I known it's a lot, but I am little obsessed.

EDIT—- Last year I did PS on my wifes car then Colinite 845 over top.  Looked pretty good.  Her car is my experimental vehicle.  

Hers

2B8DF669-A031-4AB5-8647-5652440C4A48.jpeg

MINE

F80A379B-5E40-42AB-8DF3-DB1AE1CC6A87.jpeg

I use the same layering on my Silverado, and it always turns out amazing.  I usually 3 step polish once a year, if I need to do anything else I use finishing polish.

21 hours ago, Mbrazelton said:

I use the same layering on my Silverado, and it always turns out amazing.  I usually 3 step polish once a year, if I need to do anything else I use finishing polish.

Food for thought, but is a three step yearly needed?  Seems a bit much for maintained vehicle once it’s been detailed. Potentially taking way more clear coat off than you need to. Clear coat isn’t infinite and you generally don’t want to peel off more than 1/3 of the original thickness bedore some of the UV properties start to go away. 

Always use the least aggressive to most aggressive to get the results you’re after. Leave the clear for when you need to take some off to fix a defect. Not as a matter of practice. 

4 minutes ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Food for thought, but is a three step yearly needed?  Seems a bit much for maintained vehicle once it’s been detailed. Potentially taking way more clear coat off than you need to. Clear coat isn’t infinite and you generally don’t want to peel off more than 1/3 of the original thickness bedore some of the UV properties start to go away. 

Always use the least aggressive to most aggressive to get the results you’re after. Leave the clear for when you need to take some off to fix a defect. Not as a matter of practice. 

I guess I should have been more specific, I use the least aggresive of the stage needed.  nothing more than what is needed.