Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metro vac suggestions

USCGRetiredJosh

Question

I’m looking for peoples 2 cents on which metro vac to get. These are 3 I’m looking at. One is just a blower and the other 2 are vacuums and blowers. Is the vacuum feature any good, compare to a shop vac?

https://www.metrovacworld.com/product/Air_Force_Blaster_Car_and_Motorcycle_Dryer_B3_CD/overview

https://www.metrovacworld.com/product/Vac_N_Blo_Compact_Wall_Mount_VNB4AFBR/overview

https://www.metrovacworld.com/product/Vac_N_Blo_Automotive_VNB_83BA/overview

18 answers to this question

I own the Vac and Blo and the master blaster. IMO the vacuum feature works well on the Vac and Blo but the blower function is not enough to dry a car efficiently if that is what you are looking to do. The master blaster is much better for drying. 

Honestly since Adam showed blowing out an interior in a vid, thats about all I have been doing...so much easier! I will vacuum the drivers side footwell if its really bad but usually just blow it out the door and done. 

16 hours ago, USCGRetiredJosh said:

I’m looking for peoples 2 cents on which metro vac to get. These are 3 I’m looking at. One is just a blower and the other 2 are vacuums and blowers. Is the vacuum feature any good, compare to a shop vac?

https://www.metrovacworld.com/product/Air_Force_Blaster_Car_and_Motorcycle_Dryer_B3_CD/overview

https://www.metrovacworld.com/product/Vac_N_Blo_Compact_Wall_Mount_VNB4AFBR/overview

https://www.metrovacworld.com/product/Vac_N_Blo_Automotive_VNB_83BA/overview

The Metro Vac machines are great vacuums, but they are for dry use only.  I have the Vac N Blo Classic, which is the same machine as the Wall Mount you are looking at.  I use it for cleaning the cars, but also use it for cleaning ceiling fans and for blowing the dog dry. 

I picked up a horse-hair dusting brush for the interior trim and clusters from Amazon. 

I do not use the Vac N Blo to dry the cars, as I have a Side Kick, but have used it to blow out interiors.

16 hours ago, pirahnah3 said:

Honestly since Adam showed blowing out an interior in a vid, thats about all I have been doing...so much easier! I will vacuum the drivers side footwell if its really bad but usually just blow it out the door and done. 

We always blow every interior out. It’s the best way to do it!

2 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

We always blow every interior out. It’s the best way to do it!

I don't have a car specific blower - any issues just using an air compressor to do this?  I know it's not recommended for the paint but for interior you're going to be cleaning is it a problem?

18 minutes ago, rondre said:

I don't have a car specific blower - any issues just using an air compressor to do this?  I know it's not recommended for the paint but for interior you're going to be cleaning is it a problem?

There isn’t an issue, as much as a difference in action. Air compressor work on pressure and velocity where air blowers tend to work on volume of air.

The volume is helpful in drying and also to not send everything everywhere. It seems like there’s more control with a blower. For interiors we use the sidekick. 

3 hours ago, rondre said:

You also want to be careful using an air compressor on the interior, too.  If the compressor's tank has any moisture in it and no in-line filter, you'll be forcing that moisture into your fabric seats, carpets, etc.  The issue there is that the moisture is not clean and will contain whatever residue is in the tank....rust, particulate matter, etc.  

1 hour ago, ZMAN024 said:

You also want to be careful using an air compressor on the interior, too.  If the compressor's tank has any moisture in it and no in-line filter, you'll be forcing that moisture into your fabric seats, carpets, etc.  The issue there is that the moisture is not clean and will contain whatever residue is in the tank....rust, particulate matter, etc.  

Does anyone here use it w/ an inline filter?  I actually just picked one up recently so was thinking of incorporating that.

21 minutes ago, rondre said:

Does anyone here use it w/ an inline filter?  I actually just picked one up recently so was thinking of incorporating that.

If you have an inline filter you should install it regardless of using the compressor for blowing out interiors or not.  Moisture is one of the biggest reasons pneumatic tools fail. 

On 4/17/2018 at 3:03 PM, shane@detailedreflections said:

There isn’t an issue, as much as a difference in action. Air compressor work on pressure and velocity where air blowers tend to work on volume of air.

The volume is helpful in drying and also to not send everything everywhere. It seems like there’s more control with a blower. For interiors we use the sidekick. 

Shane, what about when you encounter customers with dog hair? I just can't get all the dog hair out with just the sidekick.

You'd think after spending as much money as I did on my car, that I wouldn't allow a dog in there, but he gets whatever he wants! 

Now you have me wondering about the pet hair stone. I use a shop vac to vacuum it out after spraying it down with some carpet cleaner. But i constantly have to go back and use an interior brush to help loosen some hair out and its just a hassle. Is the stone more efficient than vacuuming? 

It’s a combination of everything. The stone will help remove bulk hair and pull everything to the surface. The stones are $7 I think. So it’s cheap enough to try if you wanted. We always keep one or two in the toolbox. They don’t always get used, but when you need it they’re great to have. They are a wear item, so it’s worrh grabbing two. 

As a Golden Retriever owner I can vouch for the stones effectiveness.  They work well.  Some seats (Like my GM trucks/SUVs) have a plush felt surface on the back of the seats and my god is that stuff impossible to clean the hair out of though. Air compressor, shop vac, stone, and the grace of God and you might get it clean.