Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic coating

Jr8957

Question

So I was browsing around on Adams new detail shop site, checking out some things they offer where I noticed they offer a 9h ceramic coating install? Why do they list their product as a 7h coating? 

8E8C4B29-67A0-437D-B798-C87EF9D21D33.png

12 answers to this question

I def heard new version was possibly being released..im anxiously waiting..I did my first Full paint correction and dying to CC my cars! 

Its the reason ive been checking This forum

and Adam’s website 50 times a day!!

Their paint coating is currently 7H however their WHEEL coating is 9H.  

Maybe a new coating is coming or they have access to a coating that they only trust themselves to apply?  

Experienced Ceramic Coater's can step in here if I'm wrong, but I heard if a paint coating starts getting too hard, specially 9H or beyond, it can start to fail easier/crack or some kind of problem(s) that a softer coating wouldn't have.  True?

20 minutes ago, LSX Maestro said:

Their paint coating is currently 7H however their WHEEL coating is 9H.  

Maybe a new coating is coming or they have access to a coating that they only trust themselves to apply?  

Experienced Ceramic Coater's can step in here if I'm wrong, but I heard if a paint coating starts getting too hard, specially 9H or beyond, it can start to fail easier/crack or some kind of problem(s) that a softer coating wouldn't have.  True?

A harder coating isn’t as flexible. That being said, 9H is somewhat of the industry standard for paint coatings. The harder layer offers increased scratch resistance, but not impossible to damage (regardless of what some videos show). 

Commonly on the harder coatings they are all topped with other products...sometimes a spray, sometimes another form of coating.

Coatings are not inherently difficult to work with, they’re simply less forgiving to errors and require more attention to detail in the prep process since everything about the prep becomes part of the semi permanent final product. 

Maybe sometime soon I’ll do a write up on our entire process that we use regardless of the coating we are installing?

9 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

A harder coating isn’t as flexible. That being said, 9H is somewhat of the industry standard for paint coatings. The harder layer offers increased scratch resistance, but not impossible to damage (regardless of what some videos show). 

Commonly on the harder coatings they are all topped with other products...sometimes a spray, sometimes another form of coating.

Coatings are not inherently difficult to work with, they’re simply less forgiving to errors and require more attention to detail in the prep process since everything about the prep becomes part of the semi permanent final product. 

Maybe sometime soon I’ll do a write up on our entire process that we use regardless of the coating we are installing?

I’d read that. I already know but, I still like to hear and see others do it. Gives me different ideas and things to think about.