Customer Service 866.965.0400

HARD city water

Bryman312

Question

so when washing my cars i use our hose.  which is attached to our house water that runs through our softner system.  HOWEVER our sprinkler system is non potable water and VERY hard.  yesterday i got our sprinklers turned on and IMMEDIATLEY remembered our crappy hard water.  my dark grey car looks like hell with the hard water spots!!

when i got my car last year after about a week of sprinkler water hitting it i noticed the damned hard water.  it would not come off.  i searched around and found a 50/50 solution of apple vinegar/water mixture.  it actually worked.  but was a pain in the ***.  so i need to get this car a waxing but will need to remove the current hard water spots.

what do you all recommend in removing hard water spots?

2 answers to this question

I've tried a lot of things as I have the same situation as you.  Tried vinegar - no go, tried just claying - no go - tried meguiars water spot remover (just with a microfiber) - no go, I had to polish mine off.  A friend of mine had etching from over a year of collecting water spots and at the time all i had was griots one step (non-boss) and the meguiars 4inch drill attached DA.  Took about 4 hours but was able to get about 95% of the water spots off so any quality polish should work for you but not sure if that's more of a pain in the *** than doing the vinegar.

man that sucks....i can imagine a year of it would be a pain to remove.  i try to catch it weekly LOL.  but i figure after a good waxing itll be easier to remove it from the wax.  or if i got a little longer let it ruin the wax job and not the paint