Customer Service 866.965.0400

First time w/ SK

tlbullet

Question

I have a few questions im hoping some

members can assist me. 

Quik backround (maybe not so

quick) : Im new to Adam’s prodcts but, been following videos and this forum since the beginning oF this year. Zero experience with any type of polisher.   Ive been a “weekend detailers” for years and thought i took proper care of my cars until finding you guys. 

My 2 cars are 17’ Acura MdX advanced (black ?)and 13’ Acura TL (3 stage pearl white paint—-6 spd manual 20k miles). Both are DD and are kept in the garage as much as possible. Never used 2 bucket method until this year and the cars have seen a auto carwash maybe once or twice a winter (sorry had to get the salt off)

This fall i noticed a bunch of swirls And “light” scratches from what appears to be improper washing techniques.  

Obv the swirls are much more noticable on my black car.   

So ive basically purchased what seems

like everyrhing from Adams the past few months. I plan on CC both cars and just waiting for what is rumored to be new CC. 

I broke out the SK kit and did 3 step Correction on both.  I did quick pass using the blue pad/heavy. (Decon,clay..etc). These are before  pics   Its extremely hard to see any switrls on the white paint    I didnt think the white paint needed much work  3CA1AFE1-1472-4A3F-95BB-C0D55114F5C0.thumb.jpeg.74b189d0f64bcb4dca55a7c95c024165.jpeg1864D5C9-AF95-4905-91A9-ADB2321225D9.thumb.jpeg.0773fa3d0540579083969c6d3d483108.jpegA922BD41-79BB-40A8-A498-3955B6812E29.thumb.jpeg.0aaba10a9835c8fbabd3852944b57a77.jpeg0BCDC0D0-BBAA-4D6B-97C3-D2F6F6220522.thumb.jpeg.ae2a44962f19a668706abb414da64328.jpeg

So after spending about 10 hrs on both cars last week i thought both cars looked near perfect.  (Couldnt lift my arms that night. )

But i did the work in my garage with what i thought was enough LeD lighting.  Well after driving both cars for he last week or so ive noticed a bunch lf remaining swirls

in both vehicles. 

BDE614B9-37FE-4FCA-87FA-57D2C78E3D4C.thumb.jpeg.a6365a65360ce820466eebd4351ed607.jpeg

***** I believe Shane said to use different lighting sources in previous post.  

I restripped my hood of my white car and hit the hood with Mf pad and HC. I took it much slower and def appears to be near perfect. Then used oragen and white FP

After MF pic:97C5910E-7580-48EB-A30C-3F952E8CC870.thumb.jpeg.8591ace8d80242af8cb131428d1092ba.jpeg

Long story for a few questions : (if you guys are still with me,, i thank u!! )

Should i have to use the MF w/HC for light swirls???

Should I be weary about using MF with HC on both my cars?? And if i do can i then go to thr Orangepad and COrrecting? Or have to use blue pad the orange then white!?!?!?   Just afraid to kill the clearcoat!!!! 

Lastly. When is the new CC being released?? I have no other Adma’s wax yet!!

C3C38E35-A9CB-4F74-9BCA-C36FFF25E5BD.jpeg

6 answers to this question

13 hours ago, tlbullet said:

Long story for a few questions : (if you guys are still with me,, i thank u!! )

Should i have to use the MF w/HC for light swirls???

Should I be weary about using MF with HC on both my cars?? And if i do can i then go to thr Orangepad and COrrecting? Or have to use blue pad the orange then white!?!?!?   Just afraid to kill the clearcoat!!!! 

Lastly. When is the new CC being released?? I have no other Adma’s wax yet!!

You always want to use the least aggressive method (not just for polishing, but when interior cleaning too).  So No, you should not need the Microfiber pad and Heavy Correcting Compound for light swirls, but you may.  If the less aggressive methods are not working. then it may be required on this car.  And you may be able to finish the MF/HCC combo down well enough to skip the any finishing steps.  If any finishing was required, I would expect Finishing polish/pad combo would work.

My son had a pewter colored Civic, and I was never able to correct it with foam pads.  Once I used a MF pad it cleared up the imperfections, and I was able to finish it down without additional steps.  

ALWAYS do a test spot, as different paints require different methods.  Tape off a 2 ft. x 2 ft. area that is representative of the overall condition of the paint, usually on the hood or trunk.  Try the least aggressive method, and give it a look.  If it does not meet your expectation, try another pass with that combo.  If it needs more work, move to the next aggressive combo, and continue until you get the results you desire.  

And yes, you should be mindful of removing too much clearcoat...if you plan to keep the cars.

8 hours ago, mc2hill said:

You always want to use the least aggressive method (not just for polishing, but when interior cleaning too).  So No, you should not need the Microfiber pad and Heavy Correcting Compound for light swirls, but you may.  If the less aggressive methods are not working. then it may be required on this car.  And you may be able to finish the MF/HCC combo down well enough to skip the any finishing steps.  If any finishing was required, I would expect Finishing polish/pad combo would work.

My son had a pewter colored Civic, and I was never able to correct it with foam pads.  Once I used a MF pad it cleared up the imperfections, and I was able to finish it down without additional steps.  

ALWAYS do a test spot, as different paints require different methods.  Tape off a 2 ft. x 2 ft. area that is representative of the overall condition of the paint, usually on the hood or trunk.  Try the least aggressive method, and give it a look.  If it does not meet your expectation, try another pass with that combo.  If it needs more work, move to the next aggressive combo, and continue until you get the results you desire.  

And yes, you should be mindful of removing too much clearcoat...if you plan to keep the cars.

Thanks for the response.. I took another shot at my white TL. Test spot(s) first—seems that i need the MF with HC. I took my time. Then used orange and finished with white FP.   

After all said and done, Lighting is key!!

The swirls were not visable with the SK light or even natural daylight.  You could only see them when you looked at the suns reflection on the car.  (Maybe too OCD).  So after today about 97% of the swirls are gone.  

Threw on a coat of my old wax..waiting on a hopefully new Adams CC.   

I will take another shot at my black car next week. Just  as you said ill test a small spot and take it slow with the orange pads first. 

15 hours ago, tlbullet said:

Thanks for the response.. I took another shot at my white TL. Test spot(s) first—seems that i need the MF with HC. I took my time. Then used orange and finished with white FP.   

After all said and done, Lighting is key!!

The swirls were not visable with the SK light or even natural daylight.  You could only see them when you looked at the suns reflection on the car.  (Maybe too OCD).  So after today about 97% of the swirls are gone.  

Threw on a coat of my old wax..waiting on a hopefully new Adams CC.   

I will take another shot at my black car next week. Just  as you said ill test a small spot and take it slow with the orange pads first. 

Good to hear JR! 

As for lights, you may want to give this thread a look for a fairly inexpensive LED setup - DIY LED light buildHowever, I will warn you these lights are a doubled-edged swords - you SEE all the defects, but you can see ALL the defects!  90% with these are very close to 100% in the sun.   And check some updates near the end of the thread for better prices on bulbs.

1 hour ago, mc2hill said:

Good to hear JR! 

As for lights, you may want to give this thread a look for a fairly inexpensive LED setup - DIY LED light buildHowever, I will warn you these lights are a doubled-edged swords - you SEE all the defects, but you can see ALL the defects!  90% with these are very close to 100% in the sun.   And check some updates near the end of the thread for better prices on bulbs.

I believe I did read this particular  thread about the lights. 

I think my white car’s paint is as good as Im gonna get it.  Like i said its about 95% corrected.  Im pretty OcD but ill accept the work ive done for now!!

Gonna work on my black MdX and hope i can get that fully corrected this week.  

For my purposes, i think ill just use natural light as my source from now on considering its a DD.  

Thnx for the responses!