Customer Service 866.965.0400

Trying to get motivation to do full detail on Corvette

davered00ss

Strip wash

Clay

buttery Wax

Don't see a need for polish or buff.  Also closes thing I have to a polish or compound is Meguiars Cleaner Wax right now.  I do have a Porter cable Random Orbital Buffer.

Just washed my sons Scion TC and used H2O guard and gloss.  I don't really see a difference from detail spray. Actually I think the Detail spray looks better?

That cleaner wax will work perfect on your Vette. At most it could use a finishing polish but it isn’t necessary. Compounding your car is overkill!  

And the guard & gloss is more of a sealant. It’s got acrylic in it and lasts longer. Detail spray has a tiny amount of trace wax. So no true protective value to it. 

Clay will mar some on the paint. But depending on the color of your car and finish you may not be able to tell it.  You can always run out to a parts house store they usually carry another brands Finishing polish. It’s not Adam’s quality but it’s actually not too bad. That would be enough to take care of any marring left from clay.

^^^This. And when he says repearltedly, apply, scrub, rinse until the foam is white(ish). If it's brown, you still have some blooming to take care of. Don't worry, you'll get there. It's good stuff. I do want to ask...what brush are you using?

Never, ever had any marring on my Vettes when I clay them.   Be sure to use plenty of lubricant, either Waterless Wash  or Detail Spray are what I use.  The brown will stop.  Apparently, whatever you were using before wasn't doing the job.  Using the right products makes a huge difference.  And I agree with Chris about the Brilliant Glaze. You want to apply that before the wax.   https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/waxing-and-glazing/adam-s-brilliant-glaze.html

Nice color.  :2thumbs:

Done.  Clayed the Car with Adams Clay bar.  I love the impression tool.  Car was dirtier than I thought.  It didn't take long at all to do, but I used a lot of detail spray.

After we hit it with Maguire's Cleaner wax with the Porter cable.  Topped it off with Adams Buttery Wax.

I don't have any glaze, but it seems like something I might want to try.  I even waxed the rims.  We did put some Maguire's Tire dressing on the tires.  I want to get some Adams tire shine, just haven't ordered it yet, and Eric is a big Megs fan and its what he brought over.  I think I'm winning him over to Adams and the Rag Co.

Its cloudy and about to rain.  If it was nicer out I would take some pictures.  The car looks better than ever.  I love the Buttery wax.