Customer Service 866.965.0400

gallon shampoo question

Eric Jones

Question

OK, this is a really stupid question but I need to ask it.  With the thickness of the car shampoo, what is the best method of transferring the shampoo from the gallon container to the smaller bottle?  Going to buy a gallon tonight and dont know if I should buy a pump or not.  

thanks in advance

10 answers to this question

Well, pouring it is one option, you can either use your own or get one of the funnels that threads onto the 16oz bottles 

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/empty-bottles-sprayers/adam-s-ez-fill-threaded-funnel.html

Or you could always order up one of the gallon pumps 

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/empty-bottles-sprayers/adam-s-gallon-pump-dispenser.html

As said above, I use the funnel too. I was considering getting the pump but I've found the most cost effective method for starting out to be to get the funnel as it's the easiest to use for all your different gallons. However, I do plan to eventually get pumps for all of my gallons...maybe in a few orders ?

I use the pump on my gallon of CS and it works very well, and the funnel for the rest of my "loose" liquids minus the Microfiber Revitalizer I have, it has a pump too but its kept under a sink so the pump is just for accessibility without having to take it out, but it doesn't work as well in that kind of liquid.

On 5/6/2018 at 11:43 AM, TheWolf said:

Get the pump.  No need to clean it, just leave it in the gallon, and put a 3/8" vinyl vacuum cap over it to keep it from dripping or drying out.

In this photo, the pump on the Wash & Wax is the current version.

20170217_154639.jpg

I love that vacuum cap idea!  

On 5/6/2018 at 12:43 PM, TheWolf said:

Get the pump.  No need to clean it, just leave it in the gallon, and put a 3/8" vinyl vacuum cap over it to keep it from dripping or drying out.

In this photo, the pump on the Wash & Wax is the current version.

20170217_154639.jpg

Don’t know how I missed this suggestion! Going to get some of those caps for my gal of Rinseless. Dan, thanks for sharing :) 

On 5/6/2018 at 12:43 PM, TheWolf said:

put a 3/8" vinyl vacuum cap over it to keep it from dripping or drying out.

At the very least if you don't have those handy, put a paper towel under them because those pumps WILL drip and it is annoying!