Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tire and Rubber cleaner

Humanoid Typhoon

Question

25 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Humanoid Typhoon said:

How often do you guys use Tire and Rubber cleaner? Is it over kill to use it every time I wash once every weekend if the weather nice and before I put on tire shine on.

I often use APC (diluted 50/50 with water) for cleaning my maintained cars, but every few months I use Tire & Rubber Cleaner for a 'deep' clean.  Customer cars always get T&RC.

2 hours ago, hamilton2400 said:

I usually only use the Tire and Rubber Cleaner when my tires are absolutely filthy.  For normal maintenance washes, the tire brush and the car shampoo is usually enough to get the job done.   

I'm going to give this a try and see how it works out.

16 minutes ago, mc2hill said:

I often use APC (diluted 50/50 with water) for cleaning my maintained cars, but every few months I use Tire & Rubber Cleaner for a 'deep' clean.  Customer cars always get T&RC.

I have use APC in full strength it work out well, will have to try 50/50 also.

Meh, you probably can, but when doing a half *** job, expect half *** results. If you drive with anything on a tire, there will be dust, brake crap, road grime, etc, stuck to the dressing. You need an APC of some type to break that free. Just like paint or any other project, the better prepared the surface, the better the results. Like has been stated, you can’t overuse TRC. If you’re already washing, no reason not to take two extra seconds and hit it with an APC and a brush. 

Thats my tire care technique...if washing, APC and a brush. For inbetween touch up jobs and/or rinseless wash, TRC on a rag. 

Take the extra time and spray the tire 

cleaner on it and do a quick scrub with the brush. Takes just a few minutes more and will not only save you from wasting product but also gives you a better end result. 

Edited by zeps7784

I use it at every wash, just ordered another gallon of it.  My truck absolutely needs it, the Nitto tires bloom quite a bit or it's just a lot of dirt on the surface.  Even when I was my garage queens, I'm always surprised by how much brown crud rinses off with the TRC.  Good stuff.  

ive only used it 2 times so far......(brand new car)  the 1st time it was brown foam all over, the second time was less.  ive used the whole bottle so far basically 8 tires.  so ill be buying the gallon jug and maybe every other wash since its summer.

1 hour ago, Bryman312 said:

ive only used it 2 times so far......(brand new car)  the 1st time it was brown foam all over, the second time was less.  ive used the whole bottle so far basically 8 tires.  so ill be buying the gallon jug and maybe every other wash since its summer.

:jawdrop:A whole bottle for 2 times around the car?! For reference, I use about 6 sprays or so per tire, with a 16oz lasting me quite a few washes. You may be using too much.

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

:jawdrop:A whole bottle for 2 times around the car?! For reference, I use about 6 sprays or so per tire, with a 16oz lasting me quite a few washes. You may be using too much.

really?  well damn i was saturating the tire then scrubbing.  is that wrong?  so your just misting the stuff on THEN scrubbing?  i figured it had to be soaked and stay wet then scrub.

12 minutes ago, Bryman312 said:

really?  well damn i was saturating the tire then scrubbing.  is that wrong?  so your just misting the stuff on THEN scrubbing?  i figured it had to be soaked and stay wet then scrub.

Not wrong, but probably overkill. Basically, yes, misting it. I just spray the tire with the hose, then spray on the TRC and scrub. It may be closer to 6-10 sprays, but I do have low profile tires, 225-45-R18, so your mileage may vary...but nowhere near what you've been using, I don't think. I also use the (old, longer bristle) red Adam's tire brush. Do you have either that or the new, shorter bristle one? If not, I highly recommend it. It foams up the cleaner really well. You'll get great results and I think be a lot happier overall.

20 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Not wrong, but probably overkill. Basically, yes, misting it. I just spray the tire with the hose, then spray on the TRC and scrub. It may be closer to 6-10 sprays, but I do have low profile tires, 225-45-R18, so your mileage may vary...but nowhere near what you've been using, I don't think. I also use the (old, longer bristle) red Adam's tire brush. Do you have either that or the new, shorter bristle one? If not, I highly recommend it. It foams up the cleaner really well. You'll get great results and I think be a lot happier overall.

i do use the red tire brush thanks!  ill start using less

Depends on what you have done to your rims. The TRC will degrade any wax or sealant. I have paint sealant on my rims so I only use a degreaser when I am going to reapply the sealant.