Customer Service 866.965.0400

Iron Remover then Clay?

JJ Stin

Question

I'm getting ready to detail my truck on Monday if it doesn't rain. But, after the strip wash. I use the Iron Remover, once I get done with that step. Do I just rinse the vehicle off then just clay it as usual or what? I didn't know for sure and I'm new with the Iron Remover. I know I won't see it work too much on a black truck. Just wanted to prepare myself or should I not use it at all? Thanks!

12 answers to this question

I just did it on the GF's white jeep.  Process I did was:

Iron Remover

Wash- foam Gun & scrub down

clay Mitt- with wash bucket & soap

Clay bar

Maguire's Cleaner wax with buffer- jeep doesn't get a lot of attention.

I wanted a test vehicle before I tried my Black Truck or son's Black Sand Pearl Scion TC.  Iron spots are very visible on white car.

9 hours ago, hamilton2400 said:

Just used it on my black truck a few weeks ago. It is awesome stuff. Just let it sit for a few minutes then rinse it off. You’ll still need to clay afterwards, but you’ll notice that claying the truck is much easier. 

Thanks man! Did you spray it on the windows too or just the paint? I've never used the clay bar from Adams. I've used the one from Meguaris before.

1 hour ago, JJ Stin said:

Thanks man! Did you spray it on the windows too or just the paint? I've never used the clay bar from Adams. I've used the one from Meguaris before.

It won’t hurt the windows at all if you get it on them, but I tried to keep it on just the paint. And you’ll love the Adam’s clay bar so much better. The geo-impression tool makes it so much easier to hold on to. 

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:06 AM, JJ Stin said:

I'm getting ready to detail my truck on Monday if it doesn't rain. But, after the strip wash. I use the Iron Remover, once I get done with that step. Do I just rinse the vehicle off then just clay it as usual or what? I didn't know for sure and I'm new with the Iron Remover. I know I won't see it work too much on a black truck. Just wanted to prepare myself or should I not use it at all? Thanks!

Since it's black you may be able to skip the Iron Remover and go to Clay. Thoughts?

39 minutes ago, Chris@Adams said:

Since it's black you may be able to skip the Iron Remover and go to Clay. Thoughts?

I thought about not doing it, but I'm getting ready to start here in about a hour. Suppose to rain rest of the week.
If I can least get some good photos in and it being protected by the elements, it'll be okay.
I'm applying the Paint Sealant & Americana Wax.