Customer Service 866.965.0400

Steps for shine

Will_Cog

Question

Hi 
So I'm getting the car ready for the summer and I'm curious at what steps people do.
I've stripped washed, clayed, washed with shampoo, corrected and finished the car so far.

So now should I, Glaze, use Americana wax and then a light mist of ceramic boost? 

Or should i use Americana wax, Blaze and then ceramic boost?

What are people's thoughts??

6 answers to this question

For show cars I apply Brilliant Glaze, and top with Americana.  Daily drivers get Paint Sealant, and may be get the BG/Americana treatment down the road.  But it is up to you, no set rules on topping waxes.  Putting the BG on first will allow it to last longer that if it goes on top of a wax. 

Edited by mc2hill

1 hour ago, mc2hill said:

For show cars I apply Brilliant Glaze, and top with Americana.  Daily drivers get Paint Sealant, and may be get the BG/Americana treatment down the road.  But it is up to you, no set rules on topping waxes.  Putting the BG on first will allow it to last longer that if it goes on top of a wax. 

I thought LPS goes down first on a daily driver then BG? I havnt used it but thought thats what people posted on forum. 

Im still waiting for a new ceramic coating but if its too much longer i may try LpS and BG.    

17 hours ago, tlbullet said:

I thought LPS goes down first on a daily driver then BG? I havnt used it but thought thats what people posted on forum. 

Im still waiting for a new ceramic coating but if its too much longer i may try LpS and BG.    

When using a wax for the LSP, you can apply BG first and 'lock in' the shine from the glaze.  (There are debates if doing the same with Paint Sealant will reduce the longevity of the sealant.)  But you are fine doing BG before wax, and, if it been some time since waxing, apply BG again before a show (or even at the show!).