Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying Aid for Ceramic Coated cars?

dfettero

Question

5 answers to this question

If you feel the need to include a drying aid with the wipe down, you can use the Matte Detailer, as it won't leave behind any wax that might degrade the hydrophobic properties of your coating.  Optionally you could use Waterless Wash or Rinseless Wash diluted 16:1 as an equivalent to help provide lubrication if you towel dry.  You should consider applying Ceramic Boost every so often  (depending on your wash frequency and exposure ) to maintain your coating, but it would be fairly expensive to use after each wash.  

Depends on the coating brand. I have a non Adams coating, and I have 3 separate drying aids I can use. A product similar to Ceramic Boost, a solution of that product and a product similar to Detail Spray, as well as a solution diluted to be used as Waterless or DS. I use them all at separate intervals, but I always use one to refresh the coating. 

On 5/18/2018 at 1:06 PM, nasastang said:

The newer ceramic boost bottling has instructions for using boost as a drying aid. I have also mixed boost in with a waterless wash product as sort of a QD solution and works well as a drying aid.

At $30/16 oz I cant afford to use it as a drying aid !

The only thing I use detailing spray for is drying and that is expensive enough.

I am afraid to add up how much a typical weekly car was costs for me with shampoo, APC, detail spray and VRT.[

This is all good info as I am about ready to ceramic coat my High Country and then my wifes Terrain.