Customer Service 866.965.0400

Charcoal Odor Bag + Odor Neutralizer review

Quite possibly one of the worst things happened to the interior in my '08 Corvette two days ago on Monday.

I stopped by the grocery store on my way to work to pick up a half gallon of milk. Unfortunately the milk cap, while still brand new, wasn't sealed properly. I drove less than 2 minutes to my office and in that span, roughly a cup and a half leaked out all over the seat and beyond. I was horrified. To me, that's one of the WORST things to spill inside of a car. It was also going to reach 90* on Monday and I was at work so didn't have all my cleaning supplies handy. Luckily my wonderful wife brought me the supplies I requested from my arsenal. (and thanks to the adam's bag it was easy to transport. Love that thing)

I first mopped up as much of the milk as I could find (including in the seat frame rail and under the carpet behind the seat) . Then using an interior mitt, and foaming interior and leather cleaner I cleaned as much as I could. I then sprayed the odor neutralizer (copious amounts) directly onto the areas that were once soaked in milk. I left the windows cracked all day and it didn't smell at all by the end of the day. I thought I was golden and just happened to clean it all up in time.

Yesterday the car sat in the parking lot at work for 12 hours (it was a long day at work) with the windows up due to the pouring rain. That evening when I left the office the smell was definitely there. It wasn't horrible, but the rotten spoiled milk smell was definitely in the car. I freaked thinking I'll never get it out. I immediately started to put the new Odor Bomb in my shopping cart when I remembered that I already had one of Adam's Charcoal Odor Eliminator bags at home still sealed and waiting for such a time as this.

Therefore right when I got home, I sprayed more odor neutralizer into the car, and put the bag directly on the seat. Call me crazy, but I genuinely wanted to know how well the bag would work so I closed up the car air tight and left it overnight.

This morning I went into the garage and got in. The smell was almost gone! So this morning I left the top off, car in direct sunlight and by 11am the smell was gone completely. After lunch I put the top back on, but left the windows cracked. I checked it 4 hours later and sure enough, zero smell.

The charcoal bag and odor neutralizer together seem to have worked to eliminate the spoiled milk smell. I couldn't be happier. It's also nice to know if that didn't work, I'm sure the odor bomb would have. But here's hoping there isn't a "next time" for me to test it.